TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB: 2 small carb pieces

I bought a TW200 from a guy who had a local mechanic "fix" his carb and could never get it running. After taking it apart and rebuilding it, I found 2 main components missing.

1. I need the white plastic spacer that sits on the needle (Yamaha only sells this part if you buy the needle too under part # 5FY-14336-00-00)

2. I need the "Seat Spring" which is the plastic piece which goes between the large slide spring and needle (this part is on national backorder which is why I am posting here! part # 5LB-14936-00-00)

3. Also not necessarily urgent, but I would need the rubber battery strap if anyone has one too!

LMK if you have these parts and how much shipping would be to NJ 08077. Paypal ready!

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
WTB: 2 small carb pieces

I bought a TW200 from a guy who had a local mechanic "fix" his carb and could never get it running. After taking it apart and rebuilding it, I found 2 main components missing.

1. I need the white plastic spacer that sits on the needle needle (Yamaha only sells this part if you buy the needle too under part # 5FY-14336-00-00)

2. I need the "Seat Spring" which is the plastic piece which goes between the large slide spring and needle (this part is on national backorder which is why I am posting here! part # 5LB-14936-00-00)

3. Also not necessarily urgent, but I would need a battery strap if anyone has one too!

LMK if you have these parts and how much shipping would be to NJ 08077. Paypal ready!
Welcome to the forum.

Do you need the rubber strap which holds the battery in the battery box or a battery cable (from the battery to ground)? Sometimes people call the battery cable a battery strap which is why I ask for clarification.

Wish I could help on the carb parts but I'm still hoping to get my 3rd TW back up and running and don't want to part it out yet. Well, other than the parts I've taken off #3 to replace the ones I broke on my TW. Note to self, quite flipping the TW over at Moab...:p

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I don't have the parts you need, but wish you the best in your search. And welcome from KS.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Here is the parts diagram if it shows right. I have both those parts but for the old style carb pre 2001.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2002 TW200 - TW200P CARBURETOR Diagram

Posting what year model your TW is is important because different carbs were on the early model from 1987-2000.

Some one tell me the length of the battery strap because I have one but not sure if it is the battery or tool kit one.

GaryL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My TW200 is a 2006. Sorry about that. Also, I really only need that white nylon spacer for the needle and the battery strap now. The spring seat I was able to find! Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
My TW200 is a 2006. Sorry about that. Also, I really only need that white nylon spacer for the needle and the battery strap now. The spring seat I was able to find! Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.
All that really matters is if the carb is an early model before 2001 or a later one after 2001. They are completely different and none of my old style carb parts fit in the new. You can go to the link I posted and search for a 2000 TW carb and see just how different they are. Member JBfla is highly knowledgeable with the newer style carbs and was also able to help me with the old style ones. That part you need will likely come from a member who has a totally trashed carb or one that has the float posts broken off rendering the carb useless until and if he can repair the broke posts.

GaryL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts