TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB a 87 bottom carb bowl. One of the screw holes is partly broken off, it's mickey moused now, but works ok with no leaks. Looked at partzilla, stadium yamaha, rocky mountain, etc
Don't see one listed in the parts for sale. Help please.

I only looked up an 87, what other years will work? It is a California carb model.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The broke off tab is long gone and it is being held by a flat washer now. I would just like to find a new float bowl if I can. Thank you very much for looking for me. Any parts places that might have one? It's a California carb, an 87, and I am not sure how many other years would probably fit. When did the carbs change to something else?

Thanks again Rurindum.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would have to doubt that the float bowl will ever show up as a separate part on any parts list which is why I have been looking on Ebay for a complete carburetor. To quote you here "works ok with no leaks" tells me you really don't have a problem. And probably never will.

I would be happy to give you something else to worry about. Such as: My miniature horse is getting really cold on these Nevada nights so I have been bringing her in the house to warm up but she wants to sleep on the bed. It's O.K. with me but I hate her cold hooves on my back at 2 AM. And when I bring her in to get warm the chickens and goats want to come in too.

My best,

Rurlndum

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm being fussy. The bike just went through a total refresh and it's just the fact that I know there is a broken part on an otherwise like-new bike that makes me want to fix it. I can't help myself.

That's funny about the animals, but I know it's true!! They ain't no fools!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
"it's just the fact that I know there is a broken part on an otherwise like-new bike that makes me want to fix it. I can't help myself. "

I completely understand.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
....I only looked up an 87, what other years will work? It is a California carb model.
Should be any year from '87 to 2000. The bowl isn't sold separately. You'll need to find a used part or buy a whole carb.

jb

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you JB, I appreciate that. Do you think the float bowl is the same on California models as it is on the 49 state models or do I need to be looking for a California only part? Pretty sure they would be the same, but just checking..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Rurindum, I think a good hot John Deere parked in the barn would keep those animals warm. And yes, I do have a problem with people wanting to take care of my John Deere. Everybody wants to borrow it, then claim possession is 9/10's of the law and don't want to bring it back.
Mel

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Thank you JB, I appreciate that. Do you think the float bowl is the same on California models as it is on the 49 state models or do I need to be looking for a California only part? Pretty sure they would be the same, but just checking..
The bowl is the same on on the Cali and non Cali carbs.

jb

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
are there any other bikes that have that same carb on them?...you may have better luck finding a whole carb for sale on ebay that way...i don't see many parts come up on ebay for our bikes...or maybe try a motorcycle salvage place

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Tommy,

I have an an old style parts carb that I would be willing to trade bowls with you, if you are willing to wait. It's in NC and I won't be there until April.

jb

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks JB and Ryan for the info. I have one beloved member of the forum who thinks she has one and will check on the weekend for me. I'll keep you posted. If it turns out she doesn't have one JB, I appreciate the offer and will take you up on it, thank you.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Thanks JB and Ryan for the info. I have one beloved member of the forum who thinks she has one and will check on the weekend for me. I'll keep you posted. If it turns out she doesn't have one JB, I appreciate the offer and will take you up on it, thank you.
Too bad Tommy, you are a month late a zero dollars short. I gave an old style float bowl to Elime just a while back but at least it helped out another member. Hope SHE can help you out and she sure did solve some of my parts issues. Just for some fun I will bet a guy who does aluminum welding could probably add the missing tab and with a little work with a dremel tool you could be up and running in no time.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember when you gave that to Tony. I'm just being fussy, cause everything is nice and new looking again.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I remember when you gave that to Tony. I'm just being fussy, cause everything is nice and new looking again.
Trading parts back and forth is what it is all about here. I do have another complete old style carb on the shelf but I spent a small fortune, over $100 buying all the new OEM jets and various internal parts to get it working and I never could get it to perform right. I ended up just buying 2 brand new carbs from Partzilla and Stadium and will have to re rebuild this old one and see if I can find the missing link in it. I will not separate the bowl from this one because I do hope to get it fixed and keep as a spare. I will bet that Gregor could weld that old bowl and make it look and perform just like new in his shop. The guy is a genius with this stuff.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, it could probably be fixed. I'm an old welder/fabricator, but don't have the tools and equipment anymore. We'll see what happens and if one is available.

Kinda interested in what PalmStateCrawler and Mr. Bracket comes up with too on their carb mods. Those could be some real nice carbs.

Thank you for the suggestions Gary.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts