TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need a flasher relay for my '89 tw200. anyone have a good used one for sale?

thanks.

-twbeagle

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Could a new OEM one really be that expensive? I honestly don't know the answer to that but with the basic cost of shipping these days I think I would try Partzilla, Bike Bandit, Rockymountain or any place that sells OEM parts rather than looking for a used one.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Could a new OEM one really be that expensive? I honestly don't know the answer to that but with the basic cost of shipping these days I think I would try Partzilla, Bike Bandit, Rockymountain or any place that sells OEM parts rather than looking for a used one.

Gary, I was originally thinking what you were thinking. So I had a look. If it is located near the front end, and if it is part number 30X-83350-20-00 (Flasher Relay Assembly) one of the cheapest online stores has it for $41, not including shipping. Wow.

There is a used one on e-bay right now for $20.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
You can get an electronic one from Custom LED for around $20. hen you'll be all set if you decide to get LED turn signals.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Since we don't know which flasher relay we are even talking about it is difficult to be of much help. I have a box with all sorts of those parts but identifying which one it is is pretty tough from where I am sitting. On another note, I have taken dead flasher units in to my local NAPA store and found the exact replacement for $6 when Yamaha wanted $35.

Where is it plugged in and does the dead one have numbers? Stadium Yamaha has blow ups on the web site that you should be able to locate the exact position and part numbers.

GaryL

GaryL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies....appreciate all the input. and you were right....a little searching on ebay, and I found a good unit from a 95 tw for 7.00 dollars plus shipping. so for 15 bucks, I should have a good used relay coming. Mike's Motorcycle Parts on Ebay. hope it works out..

and if all else fails....I'll just fork out the 43 dollars and get a new one. but crossing my fingers on this cheap used unit from ebay.

thanks again guys....this is a great site with a lot of good people.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies....appreciate all the input. and you were right....a little searching on ebay, and I found a good unit from a 95 tw for 7.00 dollars plus shipping. so for 15 bucks, I should have a good used relay coming. Mike's Motorcycle Parts on Ebay. hope it works out..

and if all else fails....I'll just fork out the 43 dollars and get a new one. but crossing my fingers on this cheap used unit from ebay.

thanks again guys....this is a great site with a lot of good people.
Maybe you missed my post above! If I knew which one you needed and I had one in my box of stuff I would have given it to you and probably paid the shipping. If memory serves me there are a couple relays in the right side electric box and another one or two behind the headlight. I still don't have a clue which one you fried.

GaryL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh man, I guess I didn't realize you meant you would give it away. I appreciate that generosity and help, tho.

I found the ebay listing inbetween checking back on this site.

it would be the flasher relay under the light shroud on my 1989 model. it's fz257sd or 061300-7090...both numbers are listed on the relay....not sure which one corresponds. thanks GaryL.!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I didn't realize that there are such cool guys on here who would give me a part!! I found the 7 dollar used one on ebay and thought it couldn't get much cheaper for a used one. I reported back and found that I could have waited a little longer and relied on the tw200 forum!

GaryL. if my ebay relay is a dud....I might have to take u up on that!

but otherwise, thanks for the offer and the help. I appreciate it. have a good night.

-twbeagle

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
yeah, I didn't realize that there are such cool guys on here who would give me a part!! I found the 7 dollar used one on ebay and thought it couldn't get much cheaper for a used one. I reported back and found that I could have waited a little longer and relied on the tw200 forum!

GaryL. if my ebay relay is a dud....I might have to take u up on that!

but otherwise, thanks for the offer and the help. I appreciate it. have a good night.

-twbeagle
I have an old wire harness somewhere and will check it out to see if I have that relay. When you post stuff here it is a good idea to do the research and know exactly what you are looking for so we know. I have been blessed by many members here on hard to find little stuff and it is only right to pay it forward if I/we can. The other half is that when I go my wife is going to take all my crap and toss it in a dumpster. Stuff I paid good money for I try to sell for near what I have in it but otherwise the little stuff is pretty meaningless. As an example, I have stuff for sale in classified now. A brand new clutch rebuild kit that will cost you $50-75 anywhere you go if you toast you discs for $30 or $35 and no one here is even looking but they will be pissed the day the need it and have to pay the full price. Oh Well.

BTW, That relay flasher would be this one!

GL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup...that's the one. I will keep in mind to type in more specifics about my needed parts. I was going too fast about getting this done yesterday, and needed to just slow down. I could have hit you up on the free relay! lesson learned.

I appreciate all the advice and help, GaryL. I thank you much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This conversation kinda caught my eye and interest. many years ago as an electronics student I made my own out of a 555 timer chip and a relay. I made mine independent of voltage (over a wide enough range) and made the blink rate adjustable. On that simple design one could run LEDs or not, as the load didn't change the blink rate. I'd think one could update the design a bit and build these things lots cheaper than $41. If the supply ever pinches off too much, I mean.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
My flasher fell out and was lost. I went to Pep Boys and found a cheap one that fit. It doesn't work very well but the idea of paying $40 for a new one makes suffering with the cheap one an easy thing to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts