TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again guys!

well, I laid the tw200 down over the weekend....a lady just about hit me with her suv....she was completely on my side of the road. avoiding her, I over-compensated the steering, hit some curbside leaves and mud, and then lost control. happened in a flash.

well, I bent the light and side marker mounts, broke the light shroud, and the speedometer case busted off.

right now, I'm seeing if there are some good (no pieces broken) light shrouds (hopefully in black) on here for sale.

I might be looking for a new speedo cluster if I can't glue mine back in place.

but just light shroud for now. please let me know if you have one.

thanks to all.

-twbeagle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thank you. a little beat up...but ok. it sucked, but I can't let that beat me....gonna fix up the broken pieces and straighten out the light assembly, glue the speedo back together (crossing fingers that works), etc.

thanks again for asking. cheers.

-twbeagle

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That's beat glad to here your okay. Did the lady stop?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. yeah, she stopped at the stop sign 75 feet away....saw that I got up, and then drove off fast. I was too stunned to see much other than it was a silver suv. not much I can do about that part. thanks for the tip on Procycle, Smitty B.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
In light of your situation and some stuff going on here, I think I am going to get a real dash cam to use on the bikes. The dash or helmet cam would have caught the plate number and that asshole could be punished for leaving the scene of an accident, at least.

How many times are any of us out there on the roads and crap happens? The first thing we have to do is instinctively save our own skin. Not really any time to remember plate numbers or vehicle descriptions.
Or in my case, the multitude of times it happens when I ride into Manhattan.

The GoPro is OK for this, but a "dash cam" keeps recording the same loop, saving the last few minutes. Plus, they are cheaper and less likely to get stolen. Everyone knows what a GoPro looks like.

thanks guys. yeah, she stopped at the stop sign 75 feet away....saw that I got up, and then drove off fast. I was too stunned to see much other than it was a silver suv. not much I can do about that part. thanks for the tip on Procycle, Smitty B.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Damn good idae. I have one in my truck and have witnessed multiple accidents in the endless sea of roundabouts here in Green Bay and stopped and showed the footage to the cops. They were pretty impressed with it. Wish i could find one for the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts