TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone got an old engine sitting around with a kicker that wants a new life?
i have one of those newfangled bikes with a taped over port just waiting for it's ship to come in.
thanks,

joe band

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Hey Joe,

It looks like I may have some internal kickstarter parts coming my way soon. Do you want me to put your name on them?

You would still need the kickstarter lever and boss, shaft seal, clutch basket lockwasher, and the right side cover gasket to do the complete installation (although when we did Bananchunks' kicker a few weeks ago, he was able to just reuse his existing one).

Brian

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure brian, that would be great!

i need to find some time to come and "help you" with your 225....

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm interested in a set of internal kicker parts as well if anyone has more. thread jack sorry.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hey Joe,

It looks like I may have some internal kickstarter parts coming my way soon. Do you want me to put your name on them?

You would still need the kickstarter lever and boss, shaft seal, clutch basket lockwasher, and the right side cover gasket to do the complete installation (although when we did Bananchunks' kicker a few weeks ago, he was able to just reuse his existing one).

Brian
It never fails! I had the kick kit sitting here for over a year thinking I would find a newer TW that needed it. Sold it to Bananachunks just a few weeks ago and now I have two almost brand new bikes in my garage, TW and XT225 that could both use the kit! Take it out and send it back Banana!:(

GaryL

·
Registered
816 Posts
dear god no more motors! I'v got cases and parts falling outta my ears! I'm looking to get the small parts as I need now. I am glad I got the two motors that I did. they were both in rough shape, but I knew I would replace most stuff any way. Seals, bearings, rod, piston, valves, ect.

Youre other option is to just buy an engine offebay like i did with an existing kickstarter. Mine was $ 600 delivered.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it didn't cost too much, I would sure add a kick start to mine. I need the exercise. :)

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
If it didn't cost too much, I would sure add a kick start to mine. I need the exercise. :)
Just a thought, if you have one and have a chance to check it out, try a motorcycle salvage yard.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
We can buy them cheaper straight from the suppliers and NO, it does not fit all years of TWs and XT225 unless he has both of the kick levers. All of these kits were originally marketed for the XT225 motors and they won't work on our TWs, the lever and the splined boss is different. Some suppliers have exchanged the XT225 kick lever with the correct TW kick lever but they absolutely are different.

Most of this technical info is only available right here on the TW forum.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
We can buy them cheaper straight from the suppliers and NO, it does not fit all years of TWs and XT225 unless he has both of the kick levers. All of these kits were originally marketed for the XT225 motors and they won't work on our TWs, the lever and the splined boss is different. Some suppliers have exchanged the XT225 kick lever with the correct TW kick lever but they absolutely are different.
Just a minor clarification to what Gary stated above. The TW and XT225 kick levers are slightly different, however the XT225 kick lever will work just fine on a TW as long as the TW crank boss (this is the splined part that bolts onto the kickstarter shaft) is used in place of the XT225 one. These crank bosses are easy to swap - just one screw (but be careful and don't lose the ball bearing when you remove the boss from the kick lever).

Here is the XT225 kick lever with the TW crank boss mounted on my TW.

100_4510.JPG

And here is the TW kick lever and crank boss mounted on my TW. Both of these setups work fine.

100_4512.JPG

Since the craigslist XT225 kit posted above also includes the TW crank boss, this kit will indeed work for all years of TW's.

kicker kit.jpg

p.s. If anyone happens to have a leftover XT225 kick lever that they don't need, I would be happy to take it off your hands :).

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Just a minor clarification to what Gary stated above. The TW and XT225 kick levers are slightly different, however the XT225 kick lever will work just fine on a TW as long as the TW crank boss (this is the splined part that bolts onto the kickstarter shaft) is used in place of the XT225 one. These crank bosses are easy to swap - just one screw (but be careful and don't lose the ball bearing when you remove the boss from the kick lever).

Here is the XT225 kick lever with the TW crank boss mounted on my TW.

View attachment 12275

And here is the TW kick lever and crank boss mounted on my TW. Both of these setups work fine.

View attachment 12277

Since the craigslist XT225 kit posted above also includes the TW crank boss, this kit will indeed work for all years of TW's.

View attachment 12278

p.s. If anyone happens to have a leftover XT225 kick lever that they don't need, I would be happy to take it off your hands :).
Didn't I send you a XT225 kick lever Brian?

GaryL

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks glenn (and brian),
my dad will be up and kicking with the best of us!

joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts