TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB a rear wheel hub for a TW200, need to do a trailer wheel modification.

Doug,

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please advise of cost for that option, i saw the original in the trailer wheel thread. Have you cloverleafed the wheel mounting flange to allow less material to be removed from the wheel flange itself or is it still round ? Thanks

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Please advise of cost for that option, i saw the original in the trailer wheel thread. Have you cloverleafed the wheel mounting flange to allow less material to be removed from the wheel flange itself or is it still round ? Thanks

I tested Stufidmotards "round flange" hub on our cut trailer rim where we used the hub from Mike in California. The round flange nearly fit through the existing cut I made in the rim and was only off by 1 or 2 mm, so very close. This 1-2 mm could be because my cut was freehand and not precise. I can only get my clover leafed hub through the rim a certain way because of my freehandedness. So, no real difference between the two when inserting through the rim.

The picture is a little deceiving because it makes the flange look so much bigger than the clover leafed rim opening but I can attest it's only off by just a smidge. And you can see the results of my cutting skills. Oops.

Here are the two hubs. On left is the one from Stufidmotard and the on the right the one from Mike in California.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested Stufidmotards "round flange" hub on our cut trailer rim where we used the hub from Mike in California. The round flange nearly fit through the existing cut I made in the rim and was only off by 1 or 2 mm, so very close. This 1-2 mm could be because my cut was freehand and not precise. I can only get my clover leafed hub through the rim a certain way because of my freehandedness. So, no real difference between the two when inserting through the rim.

The picture is a little deceiving because it makes the flange look so much bigger than the clover leafed rim opening but I can attest it's only off by just a smidge. And you can see the results of my cutting skills. Oops.

Here are the two hubs. On left is the one from Stufidmotard and the on the right the one from Mike in California.

Thanks for that, I had read the whole thread a few nights ago and remembered it took a larger hole by a small amount and since it seems a lot is already removed from the trailer wheel, only leaving narrow flanges I was thinking it could be a concern. Maybe not after all.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Thanks for that, I had read the whole thread a few nights ago and remembered it took a larger hole by a small amount and since it seems a lot is already removed from the trailer wheel, only leaving narrow flanges I was thinking it could be a concern. Maybe not after all.
Not a concern of ripping up the trailer rim with the massive horsepower output from the TW. Since you read the "big thread" you may have noticed clover cuts were a concern from the beginning. There hasn't been any reports of damage. I believe snugging up the hub to the rim surface helps and well as keeping the lugs/stud bolts tight.

And if the wheel studs are not put into place before welding the plate, you'll have to use lug bolts similar to these.

Mounted

·
Registered
127 Posts
The other difference that you will see on the hubs is that the main flange where it bolts to the wheel would be smaller and much lighter. Mine was a prototype and we have made future ones to fit into flat rate shipping boxes to save some money but it doesn't change the integrity at all. Mine is just huge��

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm still toying with this upgrade also and it is nice to have the option of the new hub purpose build instead of adapted. Does the price include lug bolts or bearings? And is there a discount price if I pick up in person vs shipping?
Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm still toying with this upgrade also and it is nice to have the option of the new hub purpose build instead of adapted. Does the price include lug bolts or bearings? And is there a discount price if I pick up in person vs shipping?
Thanks
bolts and bearings not included. As far as a discount, there might be a little room but I don't get much out of the deal, and no shipping for pick up.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am still considering buy -vs- building my own, do you or the maker stock one or do them to order and if the later what is the lead time. Thanks,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts