TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
Andy, how about introducing yourself first? How long have you been into TW's? Where are you located? The forum warms up to folks a lot faster when we kinda get to know you. Tell us a little about yourself if you don't mind.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing, I recently got this 93 tw200 for free, someone had it sitting up for a few years with the carb off, Im assuming to clean it, then just left it. Ive had a few bikes in the past, but mostly mess with Toyotas, both on and off road stuff. Im a mechanical engineer by trade and currently reside in mobile Alabama where its been incredibly cold for the last day or so. luckily we hit the 70s again by the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
One of our members GaryL might have a carb for sale if I remember right. Any one else out there have one?

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Still needing a carb!
Here's an idea that I would like to toss out for those more knowledgeable about carbs than I am.

I just saw that new carbs for the Yamaha BW200 are available on ebay starting at around $30.00 shipped (Chinese knockoffs, I am sure). I have owned a BW200 in the past and know that it shares many engine parts with the TW200. The only difference that I am aware of on the BW200 carb is that it utilizes a single throttle cable while the TW200 uses a dual throttle cable setup.

For $30.00 it may worth giving one of these BW carbs a try to see it will work on a TW, and also to see if any of the parts are interchangeable. Could be a cheap source for some of the expensive, hard to find TW200 carb parts?

Just a thought . . .

Brian

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have one of those saved in my ebay watch list, just wanted to see if I can get a stocker first. Looks like im going to pull the trigger on the bw200 carb, the engines are almost identical besides the road worthy modification of the push pull setup on the tw200. I will keep everyone updated. Would be nice if a new carb was only 30 dollars away.

edit: ordered. will be here Friday or Monday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts