Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need a CDI for a 1987 TW.

My bike was built in 4-87 and has the 9 wires coming out of it:

1- Black with white stripe

1- Brown

1- Red

1- 4 pin connector with blue, orange, black, and blue with yellow stripe

1- 2 pin connector with a white and a green wire going in.

If no one has a known good one for sale, I'll be ordering tomorrow or the next day wherever I can get a new one cheapest.

Thanks

Evan

My pm is:

[email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,

I need a CDI for a 1987 TW.

My bike was built in 4-87 and has the 9 wires coming out of it:

1- Black with white stripe

1- Brown

1- Red

1- 4 pin connector with blue, orange, black, and blue with yellow stripe

1- 2 pin connector with a white and a green wire going in.

If no one has a known good one for sale, I'll be ordering tomorrow or the next day wherever I can get a new one cheapest.

Thanks

Evan

My pm is:

[email protected]

BUY A NEW ONE! I just bought one on EBay and it was bad. Powersportsplus has them for 228 I believe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUY A NEW ONE! I just bought one on EBay and it was bad. Powersportsplus has them for 228 I believe.
Ouch!!! Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you get back to the guy and tell him it was bad? I know Ebayers can screw each other at will but sometimes you meet an honest one. Thanks for the website.

v/r

Evan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ouch!!! Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you get back to the guy and tell him it was bad? I know Ebayers can screw each other at will but sometimes you meet an honest one. Thanks for the website.

v/r

Evan
Well this is one is sparking but it wont run so I dunno, everything else checks out, the stator, the trigger coil, etc. The seller will refund so Im not worried about that. But the 87's are notorious for going out apparently so a new one makes more sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts