TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a non-locking gas cap, ideally the chrome kind like in the picture below

Let me know if anyone has one for sale or if anyone knows where you can buy them

Send me a PM or reply here

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
By going to Ebay and searching on Yamaha fuel cap, I found 2 quickly (gulp they were $30 plus shipping). I caution you to beware of the two sizes.

For the older TWs 2002 and before (and the old xt350 tanks) you need the large one. The same design was used for smaller caps (such as fit the newer TWs) so some of these may get confused or the size not specified. I have posted photos of the two sizes elsewhere (see the xt350 tank install) but it warrrants repetition with new forum members coming on all the time. For the record, I no longer have these caps available (actually I have one of the smaller ones) but they should be possible to find with diligence in dust bins of MC shops or salvage yards. Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used a old kawasaki cap. got it from a motorcycle salvage place in Decatur , IN . One of the forum members gave me a special gasket material to cut a gasket for it. If your bike has the older, large opening, they are easy to find. Happy Trails! Jef

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, there aren't many bike shops around here that sell vintage parts or have the old bone yards in the back.... closest one I've heard of is Wisconsin Cycle Salvage out in Neenah, WI and that's about two and a half hours away

It sounds like the sizes for the older ones are pretty universal and I should be able to find something to work off ebay or something tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts