TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - first post here! I was having so much fun in the woods on my '88 TW, until a greasy rut and a bulging boulder conspired to destroy my left crankcase cover... Its beyond epoxy repair, can't find it on EBAY, coming up empty with all the salvage yards I found online, and a new OEM one costs $300. Anyone have that part for sale?
Braaaap,
-Scott

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scott!

There seems to a rash of busted stator covers lately. I sent the last one that I had to another forum member recently. Just so you know, a stator cover from any year TW from 1988 - 2000 will work for your bike.

Good luck,

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian, yea, I saw that recent thread... Going to order a skidplate with "ears" to protect the covers. If I can find a cover, that is...
-S

·
Registered
161 Posts
One of my 'nearly free' donor motors came with a nicely slashed left cover. Someone had to take an impromptu walk!! After I saw how super thin the side cover is- I went shopping for a TCI skid pan with the side guards. I think I've clobbered that thing a hundred times since installing it, no damage. More than worth the cost.

R.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have that part from a 2009 if that will fit! It is in perfect shape except for some paint scratches. Less than 500 (yes 500) miles. Asking 45 plus shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts