TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

When I got my TW, the crossbar pad was looking pretty rough, so I took it off ... to find that the PO had cut the crossbar in half. After talking to support at ProTaper, apparently this is a thing.

Anywho, does anyone have an old set of SE/ATV bars laying around that they'd be willing to sell the crossbar off of?

TIA

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yes, some guys do that for extra flex in the bars. But, the 7/8 bars just aren't strong enough for that if you go down. 1 1/8" fine. You'll have to measure the length of the crossbar you need. All those bars are different sizes and bends which vary the crossbar length. Just double check if you do find one other than the ATV bar.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing without for a year and a half, now. Just starting to think I should get it fixed at some point. I've gotten through a couple of Fred's "easy" rides without it, so I'm probably ok, but I don't want to push my luck too much.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. I would to. I don't know why they would cut it though. Why not remove it like most do. Maybe try threading it and put on a threaded rod coupler? Until you find one. Try looking on ebay. A month or so ago while looking for new bars, I came across a few used crossbars without bars. Renthal brand ones will work as long as they are from 7/8" bars. I guess from guys that removed them. Just make sure size is close enough to work. I'm always searching so I'll keep an eye out for ya.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Take it to a welding shop and have it welded. The pad will cover the weld. Shouldn't cost very much.

Reactions: bananachunks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts