TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
These here aren't bunk.

The stock mirrors are crap compared to these folding Ken Sean mirrors. These were "Highly" recommended by "Many" members here. I was Very happy when these got here in the mail. They are very solid, and beefy mirrors, and they completely fold out of the way for tight woods riding. They thread on without the need of an adaptor. They fold right down to center crossbar. Best part upgrade 2nd to an O-Ring chain. These are left and right, even though the pictures look the same. Much cheaper than stock oem mirrors too.

Right Side
https://m.denniskirk.com/ken-sean/dual-sport-yamaha-right-mirror.p391306.prd/391306.sku

Left Side
https://m.denniskirk.com/ken-sean/dual-sport-universal-mirror.p391305.prd/391305.sku

If you need stock, here:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=311316155973

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Thats the left side only. The right side has lefthanded threads. There's a notch at the bottom swivel mount. When you mount them on the bike, face that notch in to center of bike so they fold right down and the top mirror will twist out of way or face where ever you want it to. Not rocket science. They work great, and much more solid than stock. They can take a hell of a beating too. The stock mirrors are cheaply made compared to these. Hey, do as ya wish, just trying to help.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thats the left side only. The right side has lefthanded threads. There's a notch at the bottom swivel mount. When you mount them on the bike, face that notch in to center of bike so they fold right down and the top mirror will twist out of way or face where ever you want it to. Not rocket science. They work great, and much more solid than stock. They can take a hell of a beating too. The stock mirrors are cheaply made compared to these. Hey, do as ya wish, just trying to help.
I'm not a fan of the stock ones either. I got the ones from ProCycle and have been happy with them. Nice being able to fold them out of the way.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have the doubletakes on mine and while they work pretty good they are not as solid as i would like. The ram arms slip a little from time to time and on the right side the thread adapter is useless( mine vibrated loose and i almost lost the mirror w red loctite on it) to the point that i bought a used master off fleabay, rebuilt it and put a normal thread helicoil in it so i wouldn't need the adapter any more. They are also a bit buzzy at high RPM. I was going to do something for my girls bike too since i want folding for hers as well and i think for what they cost i'm going to try the Ken Sean ones.

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Bob, those Ken Seans sound really nice. Reviews are mixed which tells me many didn't take time to adjust them properly. Those that did give positive reviews.
Two quick questions: Do they stay put when folded with same tension in the ball socket? And is this tension enough to geacceptably low vibration in mirror image?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I know you'll be happy with them. The tension is adjustable both top at mirror and bottom balljoint. If you like, I could post nice close-ups with the dust boot up so you can see them well. Also, make sure you get 1 of each, not 2 left sides due to the threads.

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
I understand how they work w/o picture, but pictures are always appreciated here.:D
I won't be ordering soon as am off soon to play with the lads amongst Utah's sandstone splendor. Funny thing is after decades of no mirrors I am hooked on them now when riding with friends. Would be nice to have mirrors that would fold away when necessary. Thanks Bob.
. dk391306b.jpg

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Bob, those Ken Seans sound really nice. Reviews are mixed which tells me many didn't take time to adjust them properly. Those that did give positive reviews.
Two quick questions: Do they stay put when folded with same tension in the ball socket? And is this tension enough to geacceptably low vibration in mirror image?
I set mine pretty tight, so they don't move on their own at all. At first, they both got loose on me. What happend was the paint wore off the bottom ball, so once I retightend them, they have been fine since. They really are nice. The plastic isn't that hard thin brittle plastic like the stock ones, so they can't crack or break. They aren't hollow on top like stock either. I'll post pics tomorrow, with boot up, and how they fold. Maybe a quick video.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I'm digging around my shop to see if where I chucked a set of these. At first look I thought they might be something from Shucks Auto Supply I didn't look close enough to notice they were folders. They are literally half the price of stockers so that makes them a killer deal, thanks for the tip Werloc !

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Fred, the hardest part is getting them adjusted properly as Bob said. Once they're properly adjusted they work great and stay put where you want them, either folded or out for road driving.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Like my Brother from Washington State, we order OUR stuff from our neighbor in Oregon...ProCycle. This it the mirror that came on my 2014 TW when it was delivered to me.

And I "like" it.

View attachment 14761

Mike :hello:
Yeah, At first, I bought those, then returned them. $10 more per side, and the right side "needs" a $10 adapter, making that side $20 more. Plus, now the right side mirror sits 1 1/8" higher than the left side. So they don't match, and that I just hated it. Couldn't stomach it. Looks like crap to me. Sorry, but I'm "Very" picky. The quality was ok, but after getting the correct Ken Sean's, these are much better for half the price. And "way" nicer than stock. Who wants mirrors that don't match? Not me, sorry. Plus, at half the price being better quality and looking better, it's a no brainer. Well, for me.

My bars are off my bike, but mounting new ones tomorrow. So if you guys can wait, I'll post a video showing them real good folding etc. But I will take some picks later today. Kinda busy until dinner time.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I'll try before we leave for the airport. My sister in-law is coming home from vacation in Hawaii. She wants to treate use to a nice sitdown late lunch, early dinner, and don't expect to be back till 5 or 6:00ish my time EST. My controls are hanging off the bike right now, with no handlers on the bike. I'm in the middle of installing new bars. Maybe some pics today, and video showing how they fold, etc tomorrow after bars, and new grips are glued on and safety wired. It's to cold to glue today, plus I'll be couch bound after pigging out.....:p My bike is out in backyard shed, not just through a door in a garage.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
OK, guys. I'm showin the love here. I dropped what I was doing, went out, temp mounted bars real quick, and made a good video for ya. Your welcome....:p Uploading now, and says 248 minutes left on upload. Ya, old slow computer....LOL Anyway, that will be finished by the time I get back home later. Since a lot won't see this cuz it's buried in the Classifieds, I will start a thread about Folding Dual Sport Mirrors in the Performance and Customization section on forum. This way, everyone can see another Folding DS mirror options. I will post the link to it here. How's that? Didn't take pics, cuz vid came out good. Like I said, not pushing these, but think you are getting a lot for the money. OK, until later then....;)

·
Super Moderator
18,078 Posts
76,000? You will have that done in a couple weekends. ;)

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Officially you are off the chart. Why bother even counting at this point?

I will tell you a little story I was going to save for Moab, but, it's your birthday and you haven't had a chance to read the book on Stoicism yet. I'll make it brief. All my life I have been a mountain climber, I have climbed some of the world's highest peaks, and definitely the most dangerous. But, get this. I have never summited a mountain. I have always stopped short...it might be 10 feet, it might be 15 feet, but I have never, despite working for weeks, stood on the top of a mountain. People used to think I was insane. But I explained it to them and a great many understood. I never wanted it to be about summiting a mountain. I wanted it to be about climbing a mountain, and all the things that entailed. If I ever made the summit the goal then surely I would lose my appreciation of the process in climbing it and the friendships made, the risks taken, the massive effort and funds expended. So I never stood on top. That way it could never be about the summit. It was just about climbing mountains. So, my point is...what is two million? Or 6 million for that matter? It should be about the ride and the life of the man who rode those miles.

To take it one step further and thereby personalize it. Suppose you rode to 1,999,999 and stopped? Everyone in the world would know you could have ridden that additional mile. Huge numbers of people would look at the number and be confused. If they ever asked the answer would be "because it wasn't about riding two million miles, it was about the privilege of riding 1,999,999 and enjoying every minute of it."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts