TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a straight frame with good title. Bike is a 89 but i think any year will work.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Is this because of the 89 you listed for sale earlier, and now are going to build/restore? If only because of "no title" issue, you can go through the Vermont registration, then transfer to your state. No need to buy a titled frame.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but it turns out it has back dues and even if it's registered in another state when it comes back to communist CA they want their money.

maybe I could ride it in CA with an out of state plate? Does anybody know?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I thought about that but it turns out it has back dues and even if it's registered in another state when it comes back to communist CA they want their money.

Do your research, I believe it's been done with a VT registration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so i can buy a frame with no title on eBay register it in VT then transfer to any state. do i have to have an address in VT, also would i need all the receipts for all the parts?

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts

I might try it in any state EXCEPT Der Kalifornia I think your smart to go around, waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy around lol :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
or ride it with out of state plates for however many years until it's out of the system and then free to re-register

1 - 8 of 8 Posts