TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am looking for a the left side engine cover (stator cover) for a 1995 TW that I recently purchased. The one on the bike is mangled pretty bad from chain derailments by the PO. I have checked Partzilla and other online sources and they all say no longer available. No luck on eBay either. Anyone have a spare they will part with? Or other ideas for finding one?
Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I believe the cover from other years will work on your 95 and they are available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its 1988 to 2000 but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news CJ. PM me with details.
Standing By...
Thanks, Terry

·
Registered
438 Posts
This should be the one you're looking for. I experimented with different spray paints trying to find a good match for Yamaha gray, so the paint is pretty thick. :sneaky:

I'll install a brand new SKF countershaft bearing for you, as well (or I can just send it, if you'd rather install it yourself).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks a lot better than mine. I have a new bearing but I do not have a good tool to pull the old bearing out if there is an old in your cover. What paint color did you wind up with? I need to to refresh the paint on my motor. I will PM you to get it moving.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There's actually a sealed bearing in there now, because I was planning to adapt this to a TTR engine with a countershaft extension, and install it in my '87. I'll pull the sealed bearing out and replace it with an open bearing, so it will oil properly with your stock engine.

For paint, I ended up using Duplicolor HWP102 Graphite wheel paint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am excited to get this cover on my bike! Thanks for changing out the bearing. Maybe I can return the favor some day. And thanks for the info on the paint also!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received the cover today in perfect condition.
Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts