TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BOUGHT MIRRORS FROM DENNISKIRK. I would like to buy a pair of mirrors for my 87 T-Dub. Don't want flimsy or barrend. TWBrian?? Anyone have originals for a reasonable price? I don't know if all the year models are the same as far as mirrors go, but I'll take any that will fit right. Thanks in advance, Tom

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RBM... I'll take all the help I can get.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Oldad. I will see if anyone on this forum has anything, then check these out. I don't need OEM mirrors, so these might just fill the bill.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I replaced my originals with these. I like them better because you can fold them out of the way when on single track. Your right side mirror is left hand threaded so you need this mirror on the right side and the universal model on the left side.
https://www.denniskirk.com/ken-sean/dual-sport-yamaha-right-mirror.p391306.prd/391306.sku .
Thanks to rbm, I bought these as well. Cheap price, fold out of the way for tight woods riding, very well made and solid. I LOVE them. Way better than the stock mirrors by far. Big improvement for sure....:)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Dave.

I looked for them and could not find them. I think I gave them away to another member here, sorry. FWIW, I really disliked the stock mirrors. I had a set of the foldable ones on my XR 650 l and they worked great. They looked the same as the ones that the link brings you to. I have a double take foldable mirror on the tw now. Pricey, but well made. If I had to do it over again, I would get the ones in the link. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Dave, for looking... I was kind of liking what I was reading about the ones recommended by RBM and others here. Thanks also to WERLOC for the links to P/N's I will use to order. Great to have the knowledge from this group when deciding what to spend your dollars on.
Tom

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a set of rectangular mirrors that came on my bike. They are not scratched up and do not vibrate. They are the correct thread patterns. You can have them if you want them. Look at my picture thread and you can see what they look like. They are nice mirrors but I wanted round ones. Send me an address and I'll ship them to you if you want them. Greg

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Greg, I would take them but I ordered yesterday from Denniskirk. Your generosity is very much appreciated. I bet you could sell them in the classified section here. I would put that in the "beer money" fund. ;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your suggestions, and to Gregfish for his generous offer. I made the call to Denniskirk and placed the order (thanks for the part numbers Werloc and others).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts