TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m tired of the old style speedometer on my BW not having a tripmeter. If anyone has one for sale please let me know.

Thanks

Rick

·
Super Moderator
4,861 Posts
I snagged one from Fleabay off a TW125 with similar mileage to my own – low mileage ones don’t come up that often, but it may widen your choices (shipping is fairly cheap) …..

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I snagged one from Fleabay off a TW125 with similar mileage to my own – low mileage ones don’t come up that often, but it may widen your choices (shipping is fairly cheap) …..
I figured I would support our forum members first, then if nothing pops up I’ll turn to shopping eBay. I’ve been running “Wanted adds” for basket case TWs hoping to pickup a deal but that has been fruitless. I would also like to upgrade my rear shock at some point.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question: Has anyone ever hooked a drill to the speedometer cable to change the mileage? I want to set the replacement speedometer mileage to match my original mileage on my BW.

·
Super Moderator
4,861 Posts
First thing I noticed on my 200 was the lack of the trip meter – pretty dismal considering the era of the bike (’98)

So I sniffed around a bit (in my home market), and found that the 125 came with the trip, and in MPH – 6 months of looking, and I found one that only had 1k over mine, so took the plunge (as it were) – straight swap

If anyone finds themselves in the same situation, looking at a 125 speedo in the UK market, I’d be happy to help out …….

(Speaking of which, if you are looking for a basic speedo plus the idiot light cluster, I have one here going free) …..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts