TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - does anyone have an OEM rear rack that will fit an ‘87? I don’t need anything larger, and I’m not sure I trust the OEM knockoffs that I came across on eBay (though the price is right).

·
Registered
173 Posts
"Not I", said the fly. You can get them new on eBay and Amazon for $155 and $175, respectively. If you need it, the part number is ABA-2JY51-00-00. I bought a Nomadic rear rack and I like it. Its quite solid and its not as big as the Tusk or Cycle Racks. Good luck, buddy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
"Not I", said the fly. You can get them new on eBay and Amazon for $155 and $175, respectively. If you need it, the part number is ABA-2JY51-00-00. I bought a Nomadic rear rack and I like it. Its quite solid and its not as big as the Tusk or Cycle Racks. Good luck, buddy.
I too have the nomadic. Its the best choice if you like the stock look of the bike.

·
Registered
434 Posts
ManRacks. I too like the smaller stock rack but did not like the price. Went with a ManRack instead. It was cheaper and attaches to the frame, not the weaker sub frame. He used to give a 20% discount if you payed with money order. Contact him for details.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought one from manracks for 90 bucks. Didnt want a huge rack either or one that uses the turn signals as a mounting point. This rack doesnt put all the weight on the sub-frame. Easy install, nice welds and finish and will hold more than 7 pounds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If i were ever going to buy a new rack for the tw200 it would be this system. And its kinda expensive but I watch the video on YouTube and he has designed a bracket that mounts to the frame that by passes the sub frame.

Side Guards / Top Rack, ProCycle
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Made in USA
ProCycle Approved

TW200 '87 - '21

Add to cart

$299.95
ProCycle rack system is designed and manufactured by dual sport riders that know what it takes to create a durable and versatile luggage rack.
Constructed from mild steel tubing that is powder coated black for nice long lasting good looks.
Includes a set of Side Panel Guards and the ProCycle Top Rack. Comes with all necessary hardware and sub frame brackets.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Most of that rack is supported by the sub frame. The sub frame is only rated at 7 lbs. Be carful with what weight you carry.

·
Registered
2010 tw200
37 Posts
I bought one from manracks for 90 bucks. Didnt want a huge rack either or one that uses the turn signals as a mounting point. This rack doesnt put all the weight on the sub-frame. Easy install, nice welds and finish and will hold more than 7 pounds.
90 bucks?, The cheapest I saw was 140 on man racks website

·
Registered
42 Posts
My goof up. I think I got it mixed up with the ricochet skid plate bought at about the same time.
But with the discount for the postal money order and shipping it was a fair price. The yamaha rack was over $riced.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most of that rack is supported by the sub frame. The sub frame is only rated at 7 lbs. Be carful with what weight you carry.
I have a nomadic. The front side of the rack has a beefy steel bracket that attaches under the seat to the frame itself. Much stronger than some people give it credit for.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a nomadic. The front side of the rack has a beefy steel bracket that attaches under the seat to the frame itself. Much stronger than some people give it credit for.
I understand that but the weight will still be centered over the parts that attach to the subframe. I would just be carful if you carry heavy stuff a lot and inspect the subframe often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts