TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all... been lurking for awhile, just signed up so i could post this up.

looking for a complete pair of passenger pegs with brackets. It looks like i have the screws to bolt them on... M8 button head sockets.. don't think i'm missing anything else

shoot me a price shipped to 78757. I'm thinking like 30 bucks or so? That's about what they are getting on Ebay.. just rather not give those scoundrels my money. Pay pal is good for me.

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Hey Y'all... been lurking for awhile, just signed up so i could post this up.

looking for a complete pair of passenger pegs with brackets. It looks like i have the screws to bolt them on... M8 button head sockets.. don't think i'm missing anything else

shoot me a price shipped to 78757. I'm thinking like 30 bucks or so? That's about what they are getting on Ebay.. just rather not give those scoundrels my money. Pay pal is good for me.

thanks!
Welcome Braaapt to the forum! Have you looked in the classified section? They do come up once in a while. Where are you from? How did you happen upon TW's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh wow yeah i saw that but somehow didn't put 2+2 together... 'rear' footpegs aka passenger pegs (sissy pegs?) duh. Just pm'd the fellow. Thanks!

as far as me and TW's... I remember seeing one in a motorcycle dealership when I was about 10 and thinking it was probably the most fun looking moto i've ever seen.

20 years later... they are running all over Austin here, not sure why as I've never seen them on the road anywhere else. I took another motorcycle gas tank to get cleaned, and a guy had one sitting out back of the shop... said he took it on trade for work and wanted cash out of it. We haggled and I ended up paying about 300 bucks for it. Took me about 3 hours to get it running. New battery, airbox boot, cleaned carb, just minor stuff.

Its fun, kinda weird, not sure if I hate to love it or love to hate it. It reminds me more of a four wheeler than any motorcycle i've ever ridden. That said its got a ton of torque and starts first kick, really good at running over stuff the low CG is kinda neat. Fifth gear being like 'overdrive' is cool too. Once i sort some passenger pegs i might take my wife for some adventure-ey riding and see how she likes it. Might stay in the stable for awhile. I could see it being super useful if i had a farm or something, but i live in the middle of the city right now and have to get on 70+ mph slab to go anywhere... Wish i still lived in wisconsin and i had some snow to ride through. Might make more sense to own a little mule.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha didn't even think about it until i posted this, but mine is a '95 and its probably the exact same year i was lookin' at when i was in that motorcycle dealership, i would have been 10 the year this one was brand new.

Thats the cool thing about being an adult, you can finally buy all the toys you wish you had when you were a kid. I feel like a middle school bully from some kids movie when i ride my rowdy little enduros!

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Little mules or 2 wheeled ATV. Great little bikes and you got a good deal. Perfect for running around town. Takes a whole lot less time to warm up and go, unlike most bikes, by the time I can warm up the HD, I would be back already from my ride with the TW. ;) Hope you enjoy it bro! Fun little bikes, reminds me of when I was a kid every time I get on it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, and if for some reason you can't stand it, you could probably sell it here on the forum for at least double what you gave for it! And within hours of posting!
I think you will grow to love it in short order though. I've owned dozens of bikes since my start in this 2 wheeled addiction, and this little bike is definitely one of my favorites. I've owned a lot of Harleys and dual sports and i've gotten a lot more compliments and people asking me about this bike than any of the others. People just go nuts over TW's.- Glenn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha!

yeah on the snow thing, i rode a moped (old school pedal style one) every day when i lived in Milwaukee, rain, snow, whatever... for 8 years.. wish i had this thing back then.

back to the topic, i found a set of pegs and have purchased them, thanks all for the help!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Little mules or 2 wheeled ATV. Great little bikes and you got a good deal. Perfect for running around town. Takes a whole lot less time to warm up and go, unlike most bikes, by the time I can warm up the HD, I would be back already from my ride with the TW. ;) Hope you enjoy it bro! Fun little bikes, reminds me of when I was a kid every time I get on it.
100% agree. The HD needs the oil to be 150+ before it doesn't spit back (much), but that's just the nature of the beast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts