TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The odometer section of mine doesnt work, the white part scrolls around, but it doesnt build any miles.

Anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you are not from Europe mental math will be needed to get from kilometer to good old mile - but inexpensive and decent quality. OEM is hundreds
Ive been looking online, they are all in KM. I wonder if I can cannibalize some parts out of that to make my original one work...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a similar problem, only my odometer works but the speedo is flaky. I've been contemplating buying a km version and swapping the faceplates. Haven't quite figured out how to crack the case open without damaging it beyond repair.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Location, and year of bike ?
Sorry, didnt get a notification.

Washington, 1989.

I ended up taking a cut off wheel and going around the seam until I got it apart, I put pics on the FB TW200 group. Took the ODO apart and the shaft was corroded so bad the ODO wheels wouldnt spin, cleaned and oiled it up and put it back together. I think itll work. I had a guy rip me off so I have no exhaust to drive it around to test yet. Hopefully soon.

But Id still buy one with a trip odo for the right price if anyone is selling

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a similar problem, only my odometer works but the speedo is flaky.

Glowspud, Is the problem a needle that doesn't stay settled or calm and fluctuates several MPH as you ride?

If so, it may be that the speedometer cable needs lubricating. Try wiping a light coat of white lithium grease to the entire length of the inside cable except for about the last 4 inches of the cable on the speedometer end and see if this helps. Hopefully you can unscrew the cable from the wheel end and pull the inside cable out. When you slide the cable back in, you may need to turn it back and fourth once you reach the speedo to get the square end to seat all the way into it's hole.

Marty

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glowspud, Is the problem a needle that doesn't stay settled or calm and fluctuates several MPH as you ride?

If so, it may be that the speedometer cable needs lubricating. Try wiping a light coat of white lithium grease to the entire length of the inside cable except for about the last 4 inches of the cable on the speedometer end and see if this helps. Hopefully you can unscrew the cable from the wheel end and pull the inside cable out. When you slide the cable back in, you may need to turn it back and fourth once you reach the speedo to get the square end to seat all the way into it's hole.

Marty
I did exactly what you suggested with the white lithium grease and it still isn't responsive. I suspect a previous owner used too much grease or a moly grease and some got into the speedo. Arg.

The needle is slow to respond to changes in speed. It takes a while to get to up to speed and it takes a while to settle down when I stop. I'm hoping that with a proper lube job now and some good riding, maybe things will sort themselves out. If not, then I'll look into more drastic solutions.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a couple of them I don't need. What do you think is a fair price?

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
Hi TinyWheel-200!

I would pay $40 plus shipping, say $50 shipped. That's a little more than the new KM varieties that include the indicator lights and meter bracket as well.

I know they are worth far more than that on eBay and I don't begrudge anyone wanting to get as much as possible, but that's about my budget for this repair.

Sam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts