TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truned out the only bad part of my exhaust was the rusted end cap, A little rust on the inside but doable and workable for now. Looking for a good end cap or insert end for a stock exhaust with the parts that go into it. Let me know if you have one and how much shipped to Braidwood, IL 60408

·
Registered
765 Posts
You might be better off fixing it. Or even getting a new exhaust. I have the same issue. Not likely to find a seller. But it is possible.

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Check with your local Yam. dealer. Then let us know how much a new one is.

I took mine out to clean it. had to drill out the screw. So I replaced the threaded part with a welded in 1/4-20 nut, and use an allen head bolt. I had to thin the nut with a grinder to get enough clearance. I run without the spark arrestor for about 10 minutes once a year so that I remember that I like quiet exhaust systems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the center cap from Partzilla for 54 and change but not sure how bad the interior of my exhaust will be. Going over that today as the outside is in great shape and if it's good, will go that route but if it rusted out the cap and arrestor, good chance the inner parts are also rusted but just not noticeable yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts