TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Middle TN. Got stiffed on a title, can't even apply for a lost one it seems. If you'd like we can just do an entire frame swap so long as yours is in good shape. I don't think it would be necessary, though. PM me a price if you've got one. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In Middle TN. Got stiffed on a title, can't even apply for a lost one it seems. If you'd like we can just do an entire frame swap so long as yours is in good shape. I don't think it would be necessary, though. PM me a price if you've got one. Thanks.

I think I would try again with filing for a lost title. You could run the frame number to be sure it is not reported stolen. If you need an engine for the frame there is a process where I live that gets your picture taken with the new combination of frame and engine with a new title. This is what the chopper guys do with radical customs. I heard the process is kind of expensive. I was going to build a wild custom Harley a few years ago and the builder told me that because of the new process your "12,000 dollars of catalog parts turns into the same 23,000 dollar bike after registering every part with a photo and receipt" I think the cost kinda sucks for the custom builder. BUT the frame to engine process probably is not that bad. I think I heard a few years back the certificate was about $35 bucks?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The deal was the seller claimed a clear title and when I got it all it had was a DMV report. There's not even a bill of sale with my name on it. It looks kinda like they might not have had ownership over it but acted as a dealership of some sort. It's a little confusing, but I'm a little screwed is the short version. Bike was a good price, runs great, everything's good with it but the legality deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts