TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Best wishes in your search. Your broken frame can't be welded? Or you just want to be on the safer side with one "not" welded. I would think going over the whole frame would make for a safer ride.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best wishes in your search. Your broken frame can't be welded? Or you just want to be on the safer side with one "not" welded. I would think going over the whole frame would make for a safer ride.
It probably could be fixed and still might do that. Being on the safe side and piece of mind sounds go though.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Might be easier to find a TW with a bad engine that could be bought cheap and doing an engine swap. Or possibly parting out your TW and using the cash for another TW. Riding season is about over in the northeast, make it your winter project.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be easier to find a TW with a bad engine that could be bought cheap and doing an engine swap. Or possibly parting out your TW and using the cash for another TW. Riding season is about over in the northeast, make it your winter project.
That will work work too if I can find one local enough. Ride down to the mid 20's, so there is plenty of riding left. If you see anything let me know.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I see lots of pre 200 frames on ebay the later (2001 and up) much less common but titles are rare it seems dealers in most states turn in the titles and when I've asked about titles with frames they freek out thinking your trying to pull a scam or something. If you were west coast I have a stack of late model frames and one with title. I searched for a frame to use for a jig for 2 years then within 2 months it started raining frames I bet I collected 10 once I didn't "need" them lol

re welding broken frames I think in most cases a repair can be made that is (much) stronger than stock especially in the tail section / seat support area that is notoriously flimsy in my experience

1 - 14 of 14 Posts