TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I live on Kauai, and I am looking for a TW200. If you know of any for sale, or have any leads, let me know! There are currently none for sale on Craigslist in Hawaii.

There is a local Harley Davidson / Yamaha dealership that has a brand new one, but it’s listed at $5595. A little more than I’d like to spend on one.

If you have one you want to sell and are willing to ship I’d make it worth your while. And you’d have acess to a bike if you vacation out here :)

Keep me posted!

Mahalo

·
Super Moderator
17,963 Posts
Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum!! :D
Hello, I live on Kauai, and I am looking for a TW200. If you know of any for sale, or have any leads, let me know! There are currently none for sale on Craigslist in Hawaii.

There is a local Harley Davidson / Yamaha dealership that has a brand new one, but it’s listed at $5595. A little more than I’d like to spend on one.

If you have one you want to sell and are willing to ship I’d make it worth your while. And you’d have acess to a bike if you vacation out here :)

Keep me posted!

Mahalo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aloha Tim! I also live on Kauai, currently Kapaa. Keep looking & be patient if possible. they do come available but not often. Just be ready to pounce once you see one here or on another island. I believe its about 250 for shipping from other islands here. I shipped mine from mainland but its expensive! Anything below 3000 is probably a good deal here if its in descent shape.when you get it we should go ride?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Theres a pic of a nice 2005 on my profile it was for sale on CL in 2013 on the Big Island (Kopoho) for over a year just under $3000 I was thinking about buying it and keeping it in storage on Oahu

Too bad the shipping is such a Mob racket I was trying to ship containers full of TW's to the islands so I could live there and have fun but they don't allow vehicles unless you pay to ship each on independently and pay the full freight

I was also going to ship a cargo van over thinking I could stuff 6 TW's inside but you can't have anything in a vehicle not even a tissue box

BTW get some corrosion block and spray the entire bike top to bottom each month they rust up fast over there CB will buy you several extra years
Kopoho-2005.JPG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aloha Tim! I also live on Kauai, currently Kapaa. Keep looking & be patient if possible. they do come available but not often. Just be ready to pounce once you see one here or on another island. I believe its about 250 for shipping from other islands here. I shipped mine from mainland but its expensive! Anything below 3000 is probably a good deal here if its in descent shape.when you get it we should go ride?
Oh right on! Ive seen one in Kapa'a with a camo paint scheme, is that yours? Yeah I know one will pop up eventually, we'll see. We should definitely go ride once I get one!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres a pic of a nice 2005 on my profile it was for sale on CL in 2013 on the Big Island (Kopoho) for over a year just under $3000 I was thinking about buying it and keeping it in storage on Oahu

Too bad the shipping is such a Mob racket I was trying to ship containers full of TW's to the islands so I could live there and have fun but they don't allow vehicles unless you pay to ship each on independently and pay the full freight

I was also going to ship a cargo van over thinking I could stuff 6 TW's inside but you can't have anything in a vehicle not even a tissue box

BTW get some corrosion block and spray the entire bike top to bottom each month they rust up fast over there CB will buy you several extra years
View attachment 152642
Yeah I just shipped a truck over here, such a bummer they won't allow anything additional to go with it. I would've thrown a couple bikes in the bed if so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last year I saw one on Big-Island Craigs... it was on there forever, not sure if it sold so WANTED Ads is all you can do... there be a few out there just hanging in carports with back taxes ready to be paid... that is a racket too. I shipped an RV over there and they tax by weight. I never did it, it was a bus, and would have cost about $5,000 per year.
'RANT ON'
It punishes construction guys who have to drive trucks/big rigs for work, and lets guys with a Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo or whatever $$$ car pay nearly nothing (by weight, not value). Yes it is back-assward... 'Rant OFF'

But having a TW in Hawaii, PRICELESS!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aloha Tim! Mine is a 2004 white TW with tan hard bags (sometimes on & sometimes off) However I normally ride with a camo helmet on. Just took mine up loop rd a few weeks ago and it did great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aloha Tim! Mine is a 2004 white TW with tan hard bags (sometimes on & sometimes off) However I normally ride with a camo helmet on. Just took mine up loop rd a few weeks ago and it did great!
Nice. ill keep an eye out for you. I found and bought a TW yesterday!!! 2001 with 20k miles. Got it for $1250. It had been sitting for about 6 months, but fired right up with a new battery. Brakes are mush and cables are a little sticky. Tires have plenty of tread. Plates are in storage, and I need to get a few things buttoned up for the safety inspection to get plates and registration. Thing is so much fun! Took it on the beach, did great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TW on Big Island

Keep me posted!

Mahalo
Aloha Tim, I have one and I'm in the Hilo area. I'm thinking of selling it but not sure yet. I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks. All stock and has like 500 miles on it. It's a blue 2004. All there and in great shape.

Mario

1 - 15 of 15 Posts