TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a T-Dub side case cover as shown in the pic below. Mines a 91 but I believe late 80's to all of the 90's fit? not sure

Not sure what the genius who did this was thinking, bought recently like this

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Looking for a T-Dub side case cover as shown in the pic below. Mines a 91 but I believe late 80's to all of the 90's fit? not sure

Not sure what the genius who did this was thinking, bought recently like this

View attachment 206586
That's what happens when the chain gets too loose, comes off the rear sprocket and gets wadded up on the front sprocket. I will say that yours is one of the worst that I have seen. Any side cover from 1988 - 2000 should work.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yeah that’s a gnarly one for sure.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Black Gorilla Tape over a piece of a plastic milk jug will cover that nicely if you clean the surface real good with alcohol first!

Reactions: XVS650

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
I never could figure out which side of the TW was the passenger side and which was the driver's side. Now I know.

On the line of what Shag mentioned, cut a black piece of plastic, trim neatly to make it look like it belongs and affix it with adhesive...or replace it with another side cover from eBay, a forum member etc.

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
Good plan, if a Lady passenger is riding side saddle then wouldn't want her high heels to get caught in the opening.
side saddle..jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebay had one from a '92 so I went ahead and picked up that one for $140 shipped. Other than a gasket seal, I assume this is a fairly standard swap, just pull the stator off and screw it back down.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
Yes, with suitable caution as to not pinch wires between case and new cover.
Certainly inspect the bearing in the cover for any grittiness or rough places as you rotate it by hand. Now is the time to replace that bearing if at all questionable.

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
With cover off now is also a good time to inspect the neutral switch since it is now close at hand and accessible.
I would pull its connection and clean the electrical contacts and wire terminal, then pull switch and clean and test the mechanical part of the switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I found a rough used one (‘92) on eBay from a seller by the name of:

“whiteoakraceproducts”

Seller had some other tw200 parts, maybe find him on eBay and reach out to see if he has another one?

The gasket I picked up on amazon for $12

Actually installed it today without any issues, but for me some of the screws were a bit tough to remove without stripping the Phillips head. One of the stator screws was the most difficult. If you have the same issue it helps to have a big philips screwdriver that you can get a good grip to knock them loose.

Good luck.

ps. I guess if your in desperate need of one I can sell you mine Super cheap as shown the first post pic if you want to deal with repairing the hole near the gear.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I never could figure out which side of the TW was the passenger side and which was the driver's side. Now I know.
View attachment 206598

On the line of what Shag mentioned, cut a black piece of plastic, trim neatly to make it look like it belongs and affix it with adhesive...or replace it with another side cover from eBay, a forum member etc.
yah but thats the drivers side lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts