TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
This ones been for sale forever, you could probably get it for a grand. No title though
Yamaha Tw200

Nice one, just has a bit of mileage on it :)
2001 TW200

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
that '99 looks clean.
check the VIN to make sure it's not hot and you can go the vermont route (their registration process is remarkably simple, the bike does not even need to be in state). everyone that has done that swears by it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The person with the '99 is non-responsive, and the other add is in Raleigh, which is on the other side of the state. The '99 does look nice, and i was thinking I could get a new title in South Dakota (all my vehicles are registered there). Maybe the guy will check his phone soon.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Best of luck to ya. When I was searching a full 50% never answer their phone or email. Dont really understand why they put an ad up.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
They put the add up to show their significant other it's for sale when they don't want to sell it...
And they place the add, sell the item and can't be bothered deleting the add or replying. I got a response from one guy after I sent a half dozen emails and called and left messages 4 times. The response was "The bike sold less than an hour after I placed the add, Please stop bothering me!" My reply, "Why do you leave the add up for 20 days after the item is sold, it takes a minute to go and delete it and you think I am bothering you?"

GaryL

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a clean 87 w/title for sale at $600.00 - everything works ready for license - new seat - new front tire - new cd ignition - new battery and grips - grandkids grew up - SW Colorado - 970-759-9500 - need to sell Let me know if you want pics

John

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Great deal!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Folks. I think I had contacted that guy with the '88. His TW had something like 33,000 miles on it. He claimed it didnt smoke or consume oil, either way I decided it wasn't worth the road trip out there to investigate.

johncamponovo, I'd be interested in your bike if it wasn't that its on the wrong coast. Im not really interested in driving out there from North Carolina, as for fly and ride.. I ticket would likely be more then the cost of the bike. Not sure how much it costs to trailer a bike from west to east coast.

I've not yet ridden a TW, but if you can get it over here I'll buy it for the price your selling it (..well maybe send me some pics first).

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Why not just up the anti a bit and buy a super nice 2006 with 73 miles on it here on the east coast that you could drive home?

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
maro7ak,
Gary above has the right idea. He goes through everything and is very knowledgeable. You would have his support I'm sure if anything came up. And, he's a good guy. His bikes are pristine. Just something to think about... :)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
maro7ak,
Gary above has the right idea. He goes through everything and is very knowledgeable. You would have his support I'm sure if anything came up. And, he's a good guy. His bikes are pristine. Just something to think about... :)
Thanks LT. My bike will sell itself but I appreciate the kind words. My point is that these bikes do exist right here on this coast if you are really interested in buying a nice bike. Buying one on the opposite coast with 33,000 miles on it that is 27 years old would be a deal at around $500 and then it will cost him the rest of his $2,000 limit to get it home and get it right. Save your nickles and just buy one that is ready to ride within a day trip from home. That is what I do!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
I'm thinking the same way. It costs a lot to come over here, buy a bike, get it home, fix whatever it needs. He's much better off if he got it from you. A known good member and a newer, clean bike that has been checked out/fixed by you. Nothing left to do, but ride away with a smile on his face ! :)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I'm thinking the same way. It costs a lot to come over here, buy a bike, get it home, fix whatever it needs. He's much better off if he got it from you. A known good member and a newer, clean bike that has been checked out/fixed by you. Nothing left to do, but ride away with a smile on his face ! :)
I already bought a decent 1988 that only had 1,900 miles on it but a rough life. It cost me $1300 over the $700 I paid for it to get it back to road ready. One with 33,000 miles would certainly need a big bunch more no matter how well maintained it was. I would rather help a member make a wise decision than to see one go through the pains of hell fixing up a worn out dog. My TW and XT225, both with under one hundred miles on them will run out of here as soon as the sun returns around May.

GaryL

·
Registered
807 Posts
Haha......figures. Now that I got my 2, ones start coming up in GA :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is a nice bike there in Augusta-if I had the extra $, i'd jump on it. In fact i'm trying to figure out how I can do it. Unfortunately, he had it priced so cheap it's SOLD.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts