TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I'm in desperate need of 4 spokes for the rear wheel of my TW. I can't justify spending over 30 bucks for a new set of spokes since I don't need a new set, just a few used ones anyone has lying around. Let me know what you guys have!

Thanks,

Ted

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Let me "Bump" this up to the top, someone might notice and help.
So many of us have done the 12" trailer wheel conversion that surplus disassembled spokes must abound.
I was going to just cut mine when the conversion time comes. However if no one offers help PM me identifying just which spokes you need & I'll pull them off my spare rear rim.

Of course this would voluntarily obligate you a debt of honor. Somehow this TW forum is a bit of a friendly community due to scarcity of TWs and their devoted owners. Thus "paying-it-forward" is encouraged and often reciprocated.
Why else would I offer assistance? Because I am a past beneficiary. Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me "Bump" this up to the top, someone might notice and help.
So many of us have done the 12" trailer wheel conversion that surplus disassembled spokes must abound.
I was going to just cut mine when the conversion time comes. However if no one offers help PM me identifying just which spokes you need & I'll pull them off my spare rear rim.

Of course this would voluntarily obligate you a debt of honor. Somehow this TW forum is a bit of a friendly community due to scarcity of TWs and their devoted owners. Thus "paying-it-forward" is encouraged and often reciprocated.
Why else would I offer assistance? Because I am a past beneficiary. Thanks Everyone!
Fred,

Thank you so much for your response, it is great to see that there are still decent people in this world! Come to think of it, every thread I've read on here is full of kind and positive replies, including yours! Though I am new to the world of the TDub I hope I can reciprocate the kindness that has been shown to me. I will let you know if no brave souls come forward with spare and neglected rear spokes, but until then keep spreading the positivity!

Best,

Ted

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Hi Teddy,

There are at least three different configuration (lengths and/or head angles) of spokes used in the TW rear wheel. I may have a few leftover after giving bunches of them away already. Let us know whether you need the brake drum side (short), or the sprocket side (long) and I will see if I have what you need.

Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had no idea about the different configurations, thanks for letting me know! I will have to see which spokes I need tomorrow since its late and I'm in bed.

Best,

Ted

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Brian,

Just checked which spokes I need. Turns out I only need two spokes, one from each side to be exact. So I think that means I need one short and one long. Let me know what you have and I'll be happy to discuss payment and shipping if you've got what I need.

Thanks again,

Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts