TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy a set of wheels, '01+ (preferably black rims). Looking to buy a second set of wheels, I want to install a Duro on the rear and have the front studded for winter. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm interested to hear how you make out. For as many years as the TW was made there seems to be nothing but extremely expensive ones on ebay and i haven't seen any come up for sale here. I've been looking as well. Good luck, and if you get a lead on a set after you're all set let me know eh?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested to hear how you make out. For as many years as the TW was made there seems to be nothing but extremely expensive ones on ebay and i haven't seen any come up for sale here. I've been looking as well. Good luck, and if you get a lead on a set after you're all set let me know eh?
Will do, and likewise, please!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I put new rubber on my 1991 that only had 750 miles on the stock tires. The rubber was hard and dangerous for road riding but the tires were like new otherwise. Front and rear are out in my shed because I was thinking about studding them with Cold Cutter Ice Screws.

Sold both bikes and won't be doing any winter riding even if I do get another TW. Free to anyone who can pick them up or free for the price of shipping.
One thing I will ask is that you don't grab them for anything but studding. Hard knobs on pavement are deadly!!!!

GaryL

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary, do you have the wheels too? I have tires, I'm looking for a set of wheels just to mount the tires I have and add studs for the winter.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Gary, do you have the wheels too? I have tires, I'm looking for a set of wheels just to mount the tires I have and add studs for the winter.
No wheels! Turborob and his wife Kath from Australia bought both my bikes and are riding across the US now on them. Think they are in MN right now.

GaryL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts