TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what others that have ordered from Partzilla formerly Powersports Plus / Boats.net have experienced.

I have placed 4 orders with them over the course of the last year or so totaling over $600 and they have screwed up every order.

They never update the order status on the website.

Most recently....They sent me emails saying the parts had shipped FEDEX ground on April 16. I only live 75 miles from them, after 3 days now I still don't have my parts!!! I call them and they are all nonchalant saying it looks like the order was lost? LOST? Whats the tracking number? She gives me some BS saying there wasn't one.

Here is what I can't understand. I ordered on the April 8th, I get an email on the 16th saying its shipped but some of the parts are back ordered and will be sent on April 11th! How is that possible ? Its the 16th and the 11th was 5 days ago. Do they have some kind of time machine!

If I wasn't in desperate need of these parts I was going to tell them off. I explain the problems I have been having every time with them and she doesn't even apologize and ask me what she is suppose to do about it! I almost blew my top right there! So after a bunch of back and forth they apparently have all the parts in stock and are going to ship them again! I ask when can I expect them and she says she doesn't know but MAYBE I'll get an email update on Monday! MAYBE? WTF? How does this company stay in business. I have found them to be utterly incompetent!

Anyone else? Or am I extra special??? Sorry If I'm ranting but I've been TWless for 2 weeks, its like coming off heroin!

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I had one order with them and it took a long time to get it but they did get it right. After that I went to San Jose Yamaha online store. A little more expensive but great service and I can do customer pick ups to save S&H.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just placed a large order with Partzilla last week. I've received emails implying 1/2 of it was shipped but not tracking numbers are listed. One part I need is backordered with an expected ship date in a few weeks. I can't tell if they are holding everything to ship together or not.

As long as I get everything I'll be happy because their prices were far lower than all the other places I found - at least for OEM parts. Crossing my fingers.

I have had decent luck with Boats.net in the past for parts for my Waverunner.

·
Registered
310 Posts
A place I get stuff from is Hammond Honda out of Indiana. They have an OEM parts lookup that's similar to both of the places you mentioned.

Their shipping charges are high, but they've never screwed anything up. Sometimes it takes about 10 days to get stuff (I order vintage japanese bike parts (new, OEM) from them.)

www.servicehonda.com is their site.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
OEM parts from partzilla really sucks. Like you said....no communication and when there is some it's usually wrong. Another thing that pissed me off about their site is that you spend a long time picking out what you want and adding it to your cart and all of a sudden you check your cart and it's empty.

I guessed that Boats.net is the related to partzilla but I always get accurate and timely emails from them....and my parts show up pretty fast. I use them for small cost items because of the $1.75 shipping for less than $10. Rocky Mountain is my favorite for all around good service.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences ordering OEM parts from Motosport. They seem to have the more common parts in stock and free shipping over $89 or $99. I've ordered parts for my TW and my Honda 919 and have never had to wait more than a week.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would never buy from a store with the word "World, Land or City" in their name. ie CarpetWorld / CarpetLand or CarpetCity. I'm now going to add Megga and Zilla to that list :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still haven't received my parts but I did get an email update today! It it the same exact email they sent me on April 16th saying the back ordered parts would ship on April 11th. I have not received any parts from any shipment and it has now been two weeks since placing my order. I am going to wait til Wed then just order from somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I ordered from boats.net a couple of times... Figured they had that name because when you order something they stick it on a boat in Japan and who knows how stormy the seas will be as it makes the slow journey to our continent. Pretty much, bad experiences each time.

Rocky Mountain ATV as pointed out above, has been great for OEM parts for both my TW200 and DRZ400. Ordered rings/gaskets/misc. internal engine parts for the TW200 and they were all in stock and shipped fast except one gasket, which arrived a couple days later. Not only that but their website shows what is in stock and is actually accurate. Can't beat that, based on my other experiences with various slowpoke OEM parts dealers online...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I finally got a real FedEx tracking number this morning from Partzilla
The shipment onvoice looks like it contains everything including the back ordered items that weren't expected to ship for 3 more weeks. Scheduled to get it Fri. As long as my order is complete I'll be happy.

I have also had great luck with Rocky Mountain ATV for aftermarket parts. I didn't realize they also sold OEM parts.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never did get a tracking number but my parts finally showed up today. Only took 16 days to send them 85 miles. I'll be trying the Rocky Mountain site next time. Thanks to everyone for their input.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My order consisted of 72 OEM items and I received everything in one shipment today. I did finally get a FedEx tracking number but they did send several emails before that that were a bit confusing implying multiple shipments. Took 13 days to WA state and some items were listed as initially back-ordered but were included. Depending on how quick I need a part, I would consider using them again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A LETTER THAT THEIR SERVERS WERE HACKED. If you ordered between December 2012 and July 2013 YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION MAY HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED. I am asking that everyone send them a note or comment on their facebook page to provide us with credit protection (LifeLock or something similar). I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SPEND MY MONEY TO FIX THEIR MISTAKES! https://www.facebook.com/Partzilla

1 - 20 of 22 Posts