TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hej all,

another technical question / quandary...

after putting my '87 back together i'm, left with these little bushings on my workbench.

anyone recognize them?

thanks for the help!

J2X

WTH are these.jpg

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Nice pic. I have no idea, but suspect it would help if you said how big??? Best of luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gents,

thanks for the ideas...

great idea...here's an updated pic with scale attached (had to borrow the $20 from my wife)

j2x

bushings with cash.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just tore my 87' apart and one of the parts that landed on the floor were lil bushings from the rear shock absorber when i took that off. They were mashed but the size seems to fit . Can't tell how thick those are. The square impression on the right one is throwing me off; that and being a newbie to bikes in general. Good luck J2X

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
It's been a long time since I've worked on a TW, but those pieces look like the grommet-thingys that go under the bolt-hole tabs on the rear side of the fuel tank, where it mounts (this is on my DR). Either that or, perhaps, the damper pieces that go on the right and left side of the fuel tank (little round tabs protrude from the frame on each side, and those pieces slide onto the tabs, between the insides of the fuel tank and the frame).

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
I had an old mechanic friend who would have declared those to be " Framastats for retaining the hexagonal portometers" but he was a notorious puller of legs and more untrustworthy than a politician. Untill youngdub ( great name!) pointed out the square impression I was thinking parts were inner swing arm grease seals.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The little grommets that hold the speedometer to the bracket would be my guess but I can't honestly judge the size and real shape from your pics. This would drive me bonkers because my dad was one who always ended up with left over parts after rebuilding anything and it came back to bite him hard a few times. He did things right because he usually had to do things Twice! Rest his soul!

GaryL

·
Registered
816 Posts
well for the love of god don't do what I did with them. I took them off and chucked the canister as well. Then I stuck them in a box someplace "safe". when I got my oil cooler I had to spend an evening digging through boxxes looking for them. Bottom line I guess is dont loose them.

thanks vanillagorilla!!

since i'm not re-installing the emissions canister that would explain the extra parts.

the squared-off impression on the one on the right makes sense now!!

thanks again all!

View attachment 22029

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
well for the love of god don't do what I did with them. I took them off and chucked the canister as well. Then I stuck them in a box someplace "safe". when I got my oil cooler I had to spend an evening digging through boxxes looking for them. Bottom line I guess is dont loose them.
Makes sense to me too since I have never seen a California bike or the canister! :D

GaryL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts