TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

X-MAS Gifts Installed (pics)

4K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  yz250f4ever 
#1 ·
Hey everyone just thought i would show my X-mas gifts I got, and I installed them today. I am being lazy so This is another forum I am on where i just posted the same thread, so heres the link:

Tw200 X-mas gifts

Anyways so if you take a look let me know what you think please

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good Alex...i have the same mirrors, handlebar and hand guards as you and i clamped/mounted the mirrors right to the bars (not on the bar ends)...remove the bar end piece and clamp them right onto the protapers...here are a few pictures of mine...no drilling necessary, they are less likely to get knocked off than the stock ones (or if they were on the bar ends for that matter) and i'm now looking under my arms at traffic through the mirrors instead of having to move my arms to see traffic with the stockers

#3 ·
THNAKS POINT! yeah i bought those mirrors because you showed me where to get them haha. Would you mind taking a pic of the way your controls are mounted and how you ran the cables? I Think thats my issue is I may have re routed the cables wrong thats why i dont have enough slack to move the contols where i want, to be able to fit the mirrors in. When i originally bought the mirrors I wanted to do them the way you had them haha.

#6 ·
i must have forgotten
...i'll take some photos tonight or this weekend sometime of my cables and controls...the difference may be how my clarke tank connects vs the stock tank...i may have had to reroute 1 cable but i feel like i didn't reroute any just had to run it under one of the connections to the tank and that was it

#5 ·
that looks great! R80RT

#7 ·
i also noticed that you mounted your grips, handguards, hand controls then lever perches and i went grips, hand controls, lever perches, mirrors then hand guards...might give you a couple extra inches with the cables...i'll try to get a good photo of where the bars clamp on too since there are measuring lines on the bars...how far you rocked the bars back towards you and how you twisted your hand controls and lever perches will have an effect as well...obviously everyone likes things a little differently...i'm 6' tall for reference

#8 ·
awesome thanks point! I will see if i can arrange the controls like you had it and see if I can get it to fit those mirrors. I just remember when i had the light control next to the clutch lever when i would pull the lever init would hit it, so I will have to just mess with it some more to see if i can get it right. I am 6'3 and i put it on the middle adjustment mark on the protaper bars between the 2 bar clamps if that makes sense.

#9 ·
hopefully these help a bit...sorry for the crappy cell phone photos...i didn't cut the handlebar at all...

the center of the crossbar pad is about 4" from the light display

as you can see the clutch cable and the 2 cables to the carb run above the bolt for my clarke tank...i believe you can manage this with a stock tank?

#10 ·
Thanks point! that helps so much, i really appreciate it! Seriously thanks for taking the time to do that.

#11 ·
no problem Alex...let me know how you make out or if you need anything else...the cables going around the head tube are tight only when you crank the bars all the way over as shown in the photo and who does that unless you're pushing your bike around so it doesn't really affect riding

#13 ·
I am going after the "super moto" look and feel with my T-dub. The tires I have are classified as enduro tires but i wouldnt recommend them for actual off-roading. just street and light fire roads. I have not taken my T-dub off road and dont plan on taking it in the dirt, thats what my race bikes are for because I race motocross
Point would be able to give you some great info On tires though i am sure.

#14 ·
I DID IT! today after i got back from the motocross track, i decided to re-rout some cables and stuff like point showed me, and I GOT MY MIRRORS TO FIT!

My bike keeps getting more and more how I like it. Like i said before going for the super moto style, and i keep getting closer! dunno if should do the raised front fender kit or not?

#16 ·
yeah thanks again point! i really appreciate it. I love how he did that supermoto TW, it came out awesome!
oversized rotors both front and rear, after market rear brakes. how he got that akrapovic exhaust thats beyond me lol.

#18 ·
Thanks very much, it isnt done yet. The last 3 upgrades are in the mail so when they get here my build will be done. I will make a new thread called " ITS ALIVE" or something of that nature so look out for it if you get the chance.
Also so far I love my bridgestones only put 200 miles or so on them but so far so good, make the bike handle great on the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.