TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Have two TW200s for sale. They have been used for a bit of a USA trip, and we're flying out of the country from Fort Worth around the 10th of November.

They're a 1991 (will have around 11,000 miles on it), and a 1988 (will have around 12,000 miles on it). Consumables on both bikes are good. Overall, the 1991 is in better condition.

Both registered in my name, in Vermont.

If someone wants them with the extras, cool. If not, I'm planning on selling them separately, as I figure we'll get a few more bucks. They both have rear cycleracks (and pannier guards), hand guards, wider foot pegs and the 1991 has an oil cooler, upgraded bars, bash plate and rear spring.

Both run well, but the 1988 has a couple of minor issues (minor oil leak from countershaft seal - or it may be fixed, have all parts), left turn signal doesn't flash and the key doesn't always turn the bike off (turns lights off), but kill-switch works. The 1991, out of the two, is in better condition.

Happy to answer any questions. Expect to be in New Mexico around the 20th of October, then rolling to Texas from there, if they haven't sold. Ideally, I would like to sell them both together.

Will try to find better pics soon.

Not too keen for much negotiation at this stage, but with all the extras would like $2500 for both.

Oh, and if you want the bike's background, they can from forum member GaryL and you can look through his posts to find may answers.

Thanks!

Rob.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good to hear from you again. Boy- do those bikes have stories to tell! What bikes do you think you will be riding in SE Asia? That is where you're headed next?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Wow Rob, that is a fantastic deal for both of my bikes! I know you have maintained them well along the way and the only thing different from when they left here is about 10,000 miles.

For anyone interested in scoring these bikes I can tell you all about them and all the time, money and effort I put in to them before Rob and Kath arrived here to buy them. They left here on July 6 this summer and I was very confident that both bikes would hold up very well on this epic ride across the U.S. as far as I know there were a few minor blurbs along the way, broke throttle cable and a worn steering head bearing but otherwise both bikes did pretty well. The 91 was in near pristine condition with just 1,000 miles on it and fully loaded. Lizrdbrth oil cooler, 19 Kg pro cycleshock spring, Pro taper ATV high bars, cycle rack, bark busters from Moose racing, Jimbo shield, New carb and many other upgrades. It was the nicest 91 you will ever see. Both bikes had brand new sprockets, X ring DID chains, new stock rear tires and tubes all filled with Ride On and new Shinko Goldenboy 244/5.10 up front with new tubes and ride on. The 88 had 1900 miles and was a little rough around the edges from a previous owner with a can of flat black spray paint. Otherwise not physically abused and running strong.

I can't honestly say what 10,000 miles in 4 months might do but this is a smoking deal and will help Rob and Kath out to continue their trip.

GaryL

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rob, we live in Burleson (south side of Fort Worth). We are currently traveling in the RV (in Pennsylvania now) but should be home the first week of November. We've been "following" your trip and it has been amazing! We would like to meet you two, if possible. :)

Dutch & Tina

Travelling - 1 (Small).jpg

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
BTW, I still have the original titles to both of these bikes. Vermont never asked for them but if any member here buys the bikes and needs the titles they are yours for the asking. Nothing is out of line on either of these TWs but every state tends to treat titles different, here in this communist state of NY they just get lots of recreation out of playing silly games. Vermont, on the other hand makes it simple to take our money and get you legal.

I also have the original side cover oil filter cover from the 1991 from when I installed the Lizardbrth oil cooler. That cooler gives you a different cover cap but I dam sure don't need the old one. Just give me a proper name and address with the zip code and I will get it to you.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Anybody want to go 50/50 on the pair? How far is it from Texas to Moab?;)

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Never mind too late. You already answered.

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Can you get them both back to your place?

Tom
Yes I could fix the bike up and take it up to Utah in march and put it in a storage unit for you take the battery cables off and put stabile in the gas new oil filter and oil ect.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Yes I could fix the bike up and take it up to Utah in march and put it in a storage unit for you take the battery cables off and put stabile in the gas new oil filter and oil ect.
We will very seriously need to discuss this further. I would cover whatever cost were incurred. I will likely be headed to Phoenix in February so if this actually happens we could ride together while I am there. I have to go to bed now but I will follow up with you tomorrow evening. Make sure and give this some thought as I am very, very interested. Good night.

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Never mind too late. You already answered.

Tom
We could also buy the bikes and have rob put them in a storage unit in fort worth TX we pay a month of storage I drive over in December I am off from the 12th to Jan 2nd and pick them up?

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
We could also buy the bikes and have rob put them in a storage unit in fort worth TX we pay a month of storage I drive over in December I am off from the 12th to Jan 2nd and pick them up?
A perfectly good option as far as I am concerned.

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
We will very seriously need to discuss this further. I would cover whatever cost were incurred. I will likely be headed to Phoenix in February so if this actually happens we could ride together while I am there. I have to go to bed now but I will follow up with you tomorrow evening. Make sure and give this some thought as I am very, very interested. Good night.

Tom
sounds good sleep on it but we need to act fast on this deal.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
A perfectly good option as far as I am concerned.

Tom
I have a dive trip the week after the ride if I did not have this planned for over a year I would be on the trip. In 2016 after October I am going to do the AZBDR from Mexico to Utah and then we could do Colorado I will be retired then so very flexible on the time . I could store the bike for you at no cost,

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Did these ever get sold? If so who got them? And if you got them you want to sell them? I need two :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts