1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
kinda like a deluxe version of the one mr bracket built.

"As it is, we went in the hole about US$10K to build it".....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure is pretty. Not $10k pretty...

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
556 Posts
I sure is pretty. Not $10k pretty...
That's what I thought too.

Then I read what they have on the Classified Moto website.

On BikExif he says "As it is, we went in the hole about US$10K to build it..."
That isn't what the price is, that's how much he figures they lost on it for what they charged the buyer.
The price on their site for one of the copies they hope to sell is...

$33K!

Good grief.
But that is the price for a "level 5" build, maybe the production version will be less?

But he says they are marketing them to the oil rich young guys in Dubai and for them, that is toy money.

And that Honda engine is going to need an oil cooler to survive in the sand dunes.

honda-xr650l-3-625x417.jpg

honda-xr650l-4.jpg

honda-xr650l-8.jpg

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

$33K!

- dislike-

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Bad Ass Wicked & Well Done!! I would sure like to get a closer look at that jack-shaft / rear pivot swing arm area... something looks strange there, a bit of "Mad" engineering? Hmmm... :confused: m.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I wonder what its like having 33K in pocket change?

First thing that always comes to my mind first, is how I'd allocate such...unexpected funds...to motorcycle purchases :) With that money: Beta 500, adventurized DR650, and Beta 300RR, please and thank you!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I wonder what its like having 33K in pocket change?
Really want to know?

Travel to countries where the average working man, putting in 12 hour work days earns the equal of $1 US.

It is tragic how much wealth there is in some places and how little in others.
And really evil when the rulers of the poorest countries live like billionairs while their people starve and live in abject poverty with no medical, food, and even water.

We are very rich, brothers.
Just as we might look at someone able to toss $30k on a toy, people in other countries are looking at us.

In '92 we went on a tour to Russia and were able to talk with many university students who knew English and we learned a lot.
People are people everywhere, we want and need the same things, we belive (for the most part) what we are taught in school about our country and how bad other countries are.
All of the young Russians we talked with were amazed that we actually owned our own home, we had a car! (actually two but we didn't tell them) we had jobs that paid reasonably well, and we had the freedom to live where we wanted, work where we wanted, and even not work if we wanted (to not eat).

There are so many countries that are really nice places to live where some retire to because they can live really well on much, much less than is possible here in the USA.
I liked the movie "The Most Majestic Hotel" or something like that about a group of retirees moving to India for that reason.

Back to the neat bike though, some people can afford that kind of price, the rest of us build our own for a fraction of that, actually less than what the builder figured he "lost" on it.
If we don't count our time that is... :(

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well I've owned a BRP (Big Red Pig) and they don't call them that for nothing. I bet that bike still weighs over 300 pounds, and has a seat height 6 inches taller than your TW. If you don't need to touch the ground, and if you do, you can squat 300 pounds plus your own body weight with one leg, it might be a neat bike.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
"basic" things such as electricity and running water separate the "wealthy" from the poor

·
Registered
928 Posts
$33K LOL! Sock it to the Dubai boys and rake in the profits. It's nice to see an American company making a little money off of an export for a change. This country needs to return to the manufacturing and export business instead of allowing this 'world economy' to ruin us while enriching an elite few at the top of the corporation food chain.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I'd go for one of those Christiani 2wd bikes, a 3wd Ural, a bunch more vintage stuff.
Oh... One big place to put it all.

What I'd like to do, is go buy up all the stuff those guys are TIRED OF. They have no sense of what things cost, so they might get rid of things inexpensively.

Seen things around here, like... Kid gets a 2500 dollar camera from Grandma. Decides he doesn't want it after he can't figure it out. Sells it on ebay for 300.

Crap like that goes on all the time.

First thing that always comes to my mind first, is how I'd allocate such...unexpected funds...to motorcycle purchases :) With that money: Beta 500, adventurized DR650, and Beta 300RR, please and thank you!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Really want to know?

Travel to countries where the average working man, putting in 12 hour work days earns the equal of $1 US.

It is tragic how much wealth there is in some places and how little in others.
And really evil when the rulers of the poorest countries live like billionairs while their people starve and live in abject poverty with no medical, food, and even water.

We are very rich, brothers.
Just as we might look at someone able to toss $30k on a toy, people in other countries are looking at us.

In '92 we went on a tour to Russia and were able to talk with many university students who knew English and we learned a lot.
People are people everywhere, we want and need the same things, we belive (for the most part) what we are taught in school about our country and how bad other countries are.
All of the young Russians we talked with were amazed that we actually owned our own home, we had a car! (actually two but we didn't tell them) we had jobs that paid reasonably well, and we had the freedom to live where we wanted, work where we wanted, and even not work if we wanted (to not eat).

There are so many countries that are really nice places to live where some retire to because they can live really well on much, much less than is possible here in the USA.
I liked the movie "The Most Majestic Hotel" or something like that about a group of retirees moving to India for that reason.

Back to the neat bike though, some people can afford that kind of price, the rest of us build our own for a fraction of that, actually less than what the builder figured he "lost" on it.
If we don't count our time that is... :(

Well said, sir, well said. I'm always bitching and moaning (to myself, mostly) about how poor I am. The sad part is that even I am FILTHY rich compared to so many in the world!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts