TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has tried to install a xt350 shock on the tw200? also, if anyone has a xt350 would they mind giving me some specs on the length and bolt holes sizes of the rear shock?

thanks...

I've been a fan of the tw200 for a couple of years now, and just recently was able to pick one up for a reasonable price. so now Ive been doing research on upgrades and want to figure out an option of just swapping out suspensions. thought the xt might be a contender!

this is what im looking at...

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I have a couple. Seems like it was around 14 inches eye-to-eye. At any rate it's in nosebleed territory and the spring is all wrong, but somewhat adjustable and has no reservoir to deal with.

I'll measure one when I get home if no one else comes forward.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
14 3/4 inches on center. Stock is 12.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! sounds like to would just bolt up... could you clarify why the spring is wrong?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
The XT uses a linkage in its swingarm. Calls for a lighter spring.

The TW shock is direct to the swingarm. You'll probably want to go with the TW spring or something in the same ballpark.

2 3/4" of increased shock length over stock does not equal 2 3/4" of seat height, BTW. More like 6-8 inches, most likely.

You could probably redrill the swingarm lower mount and reduce this number a bit, but it's still gunna look like a pizzedoff stinkbug.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
2 3/4" of increased shock length over stock does not equal 2 3/4" of seat height, BTW. More like 6-8 inches, most likely.

You could probably redrill the swingarm lower mount and reduce this number a bit, but it's still gunna look like a pizzedoff stinkbug.

.... and you wouldn't wanna be one of them!

stock T-dub

pizzedoff T-dub

·
Registered
100 Posts
Joe, that is too funny.
B-dub will tell you, on our ride in April, that lower pic is the view he saw of me when I ate the dirt ditch. haha.

Too funny, I need to go to bed...........haha

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ha ha ha

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I once figgered it how much each inch of shock length translates to at the end of the swingarm. Can't for the life of me recall the exact number and can't even scare up the post. May even have been on the old forum.

Too many other useless factoids in my noggin, but I think it was on the order of 2-3 inches per.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts