TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have no idea on where to source a YM-33256 (Yamaha tool), I will weld a bolt to a threaded rod and make my own. My question is what size bolt will I need? Can someone tell me the correct size (measuring from flat side to opposite flat side). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
IMG_20190522_185140.jpg
IMG_20190522_185155.jpg

Here is what I use. My Stepdad made me a T-handle and welded a 21mm bolt onto the bottom of it. I thought this was a one time thing but I used it on the TW and also on my Yamaha Radian. I have done about 3 or 4 sets of forks with it. I also made a seal driver, the 1 1/2" PVC pipe with a chamfer on the end is my seal driver. It works great.

The toes in the photo are extra and were not part of the tools.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dwmdsen!
Tell us about yourself and your bike...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to add a bit of confusion, my work-around was a 19mm bolt (3/4" bolt) welded to a piece of threaded rod. Ken (above) used a 21mm bolt. Somewhere in all this lies the truth (or different fork retaining bolts).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Just to add a bit of confusion, my work-around was a 19mm bolt (3/4" bolt) welded to a piece of threaded rod. Ken (above) used a 21mm bolt. Somewhere in all this lies the truth (or different fork retaining bolts).
After my post, then I realized you had put for XT200. I'm glad you figured out what you needed..

Mine is a 1993 so maybe I got an odd ball. It did fit though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts