TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2009 that has the XT225 Clarke tank conversion and would like to switch back to stock. I am not really in need of the extra fuel as I just use it to boot around for errands, and the yellowish tank with the white and black body doesn't look the best. I have the original tank, but none of the original parts to mount it. The service manual doesn't seem to include an exploded diagram with the tank mounting parts in it. I am wondering what the size of the stock mounting grommets and brackets are? Any help would be appreciated... also don't mind trying the hockey puck hack in reverse for the mounting grommets if I knew what size to cut them.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a schematic that shows the stock mounting parts.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2009 TW200 - TW200Y FUEL TANK Diagram

The rubber damper pucks (Item #4) just push onto posts on the frame. You may still have some of the rear mounting hardware (Items # 5-10). If not, someone here may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Brian

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
here's the method i used to put my tank on, just reverse the process.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/4281-xt225-tank.html

as it shows i had to trim my posts about 1/2" on either side, and grind down the rubber pucks. depending on how they mounted it it shouldn't be too hard to reverse, just get new rubber pucks and push them out a bit. the rear mount should be stock.

you will probably also need new side plastics, or figure out where to zip tie them as they need to be trimmed to fit with the xt225 tank.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
I bought a 2009 that has the XT225 Clarke tank conversion and would like to switch back to stock. I am not really in need of the extra fuel as I just use it to boot around for errands, and the yellowish tank with the white and black body doesn't look the best. I have the original tank, but none of the original parts to mount it. The service manual doesn't seem to include an exploded diagram with the tank mounting parts in it. I am wondering what the size of the stock mounting grommets and brackets are? Any help would be appreciated... also don't mind trying the hockey puck hack in reverse for the mounting grommets if I knew what size to cut them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a schematic that shows the stock mounting parts.

The rubber damper pucks (Item #4) just push onto posts on the frame. You may still have some of the rear mounting hardware (Items # 5-10). If not, someone here may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Thanks! Looks like the stock parts that are still on the bike were cut/adapted to fit the Clarke tank so I just ordered new parts for $35 + shipping.

If anyone in Alberta is looking for the Clarke XT225 tank I am happy to give you a deal! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts