TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You don't need to replace anything.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I re-used the TW clutch lever and cable on my engine swap. With the XT225 tankard faux radiator air scoops the TW clutch cable routing became somewhat tight around hand guards, horn and air-scoop brackets.
Would the routing of clutch cable on right side of engine been easier, or is one up against an already crowded steering head mess of wiring?
That's strange, I didn't have any issue with mine routed the TW configuration and I have the same tank/scoops, and I have ROX bar risers AND tall bars. I went out to the barn just now to check and took some photos:
(Why not take 8 photos when one will do? Ha! One even has the cable highlighted in RED for your viewing pleasure)
Sky Road surface Tree Asphalt Building

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank Vehicle brake

Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive wheel system

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I re-used the TW clutch lever and cable on my engine swap. With the XT225 tankard faux radiator air scoops the TW clutch cable routing became somewhat tight around hand guards, horn and air-scoop brackets.
Would the routing of clutch cable on I side of engine been easier, or is one up against an already crowded steering head mess of wiring?
The "XT" style right side arrangement has a cable with a curve built in. Mine goes up the back of the engine, then along the left side of the backbone to the steering head. Sorry, my tank is installed and this is all the photos I took when I put it together. Not sure if it solves your problem or not.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Engineering
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Machine Rim

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
My cable routing is pretty much the same as SKiPro's, maybe I just need a red cable. :cool:
My concern was around the cable, hand guard junction where another inch or so of cable length would lessen the bending. Not a real problem needing fixing, just tight with not much room for varying the TUSK hand guard position
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1991 TW200, 2017 TW200, 2022 Indian Super Chief, 1979 Goldwing w/ Moline sidecar, 1975 BMW R90
261 Posts
Thanks again. I will not get to this until spring ‘24. I’ll start a thread here.

Reactions: Mistervelocity

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
View attachment 232019

Here’s a close up of the ‘94 XT225 motor which I purchased, for reference.
Yours shows the TW200 bracket and clutch arm. Here's photos of the TTR225 motor with both brackets attached:

First here is the stock TTR225 clutch cable bracket attached at the crankcase halves.
Gas Auto part Engineering Machine Nut

This photo shows both the TW200 and the TTR225 clutch cable brackets attached
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

And one more photo becuase you just can't get too many photos in my opinion. Ha!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Rim

·
Premium Member
1991 TW200, 2017 TW200, 2022 Indian Super Chief, 1979 Goldwing w/ Moline sidecar, 1975 BMW R90
261 Posts
Spring of TWENTY FOUR?! Wow!
I’m trekking around EU/UK/Africa until November’23. I’ll get to it as early as possible. 🤪

• Wow
Reactions: Ski Pro 3

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I learned strategic planning in the Army. 😎

21 - 30 of 30 Posts