Votes: 11 47.8%
  • XT All Day!

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Nice one. Looks stock. All the elements blend nicely.

I often keep one mirror as well. Great to make sure wild edibles aren't caught in your teeth, or that you have wild helmet hair, or that the bike you're towing is still upright with a tight tow rope..

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Or that a bear or wildfire is not chasing you down the trail! :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice one. Looks stock. All the elements blend nicely.

I often keep one mirror as well. Great to make sure wild edibles aren't caught in your teeth, or that you have wild helmet hair, or that the bike you're towing is still upright with a tight tow rope..
The other got bent in a fall, lol

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
well this has been dredged back up, but i realize i missed your final pics. your bike looks great, congrats!

my tw200 metcalf.jpg
ride on!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well this has been dredged back up, but i realize i missed your final pics. your bike looks great, congrats!

View attachment 192890
ride on!
Its worked out nice and really like the look better and extra capacity.
Tank was pretty much rust free inside, except in two corners, there was like a quarter size patch. Well fun story there. So, i got out the paint pen and used the rock tip on a bubble on the outside on one of those corners. Figuring the rust had eaten through and didnt want to find out on the road somewhere. Sure enough, soon as i broke through the paint, nice tiny pinhole squirt.

Anyway, not wanting to spend a ton of time or money, i just emptied the tank and used some more rust remover on the inside. Scraped some more on the rust spot, inside and out. JB welded the tiny hole from the outside and went on my way. That was a couple months ago, so far no leak or signs of one. Figure it may again one day, but i'll just keep some waterweld in my bag or the like, if i decide to get far from home. Then i'll fix correctly or just get another tank. ;)

Got to get to work on my 225 build one day, lol...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts