TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a stock steel XT225 tank on my TDub, it went on pretty easy, looks good and gives me another half gallon of gas. 2.3 gallons ain't a lot, but it sure makes me feel better. I can't post pictures, but if someone can do it for me I'll e mail them to you.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for posting these for me. You can see my small front rack too, handy for a small tool bag or spare tube.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
so that would give you a 160-180 mile range, looks really clean! do you have risers on for it to clear?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't need risers, clearence is close but no problems. It should give me a 150 mile range easy enough, more if I'm careful.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Didn't need risers, clearence is close but no problems. It should give me a 150 mile range easy enough, more if I'm careful.

Looks pretty clean! Didn't know the xt's held a half gallon more.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the manual the TW tank holds 1.8 gal. including a .45 gallon reserve.

The XT225 tank holds 2.3 gal including a .53 gallon reserve. So I get more in the tank and a larger reserve, it's not a lot but it sure will be nice to have out there on the back roads.

I didn't do anything to the seat to get it to fit, just flexed it back on. I did trim the plastic on the left side to get to the petcock. The posts on the frame, that hold the front rubber puck tank mounts, needed 1/4 inch cut off on each side and I trimmed the stock pucks to be 1/4" thinner on each side. Other than that it bolted right up.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
r80rt, wow nice job with the new tank. Impressive. Really looks like a clean install.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it's off an '07 but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks really nice!

I wonder if any XT225 guys that just bought the 4.1 gallon Clarke tank (from the group buy) will sell their old tanks for a good price to anyone?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I posted on the ADV board flea market that I wanted one, bought two the next day, one for me and one for a friend. There may be more out there, I see them on Ebay too.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ran the tank dry to see what my range would be, I hit reserve at 132 miles, I ran completely out at 168 miles.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I ran the tank dry to see what my range would be, I hit reserve at 132 miles, I ran completely out at 168 miles.

Ya need to try the left lean over to see how much extra you can get from the right side of the hump.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya need to try the left lean over to see how much extra you can get from the right side of the hump.
Yeah, I forgot to do that, I'll give it a try one of these days.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got around to completely emptying the tank, 184.4 miles.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
so after seeing your great results i took the same plunge! it was a bit scary cutting away part of the puck mounting brackets, but i figured what the heck. i used a hacksaw, and it was really easy, taking about a hour total.

thanks for the idea!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Nice front rack--load won't block the headlight. Details?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts