TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1983 XT250T. I'm guessing the crankshaft, connecting rod, and cylinder would have to be transplanted from the 350. Am I missing anything? Anybody done this one?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Is the bottom end of the two motors the same, other than crank and con rod?? I have no idea but that sounds kind of unlikely...? Could an XT350 cylinder even fit down into the crank case of the 250? Also seems very unlikely, to me, at least.

If it were possible though, that could be a cool conversion. Even more cool could be a "factory" big bore "kit" with this idea, on a newer, fuel injected XT. If one could just change the parts you mentioned, and then basically plug 'n play the 350's cylinder, and then get a fuel programmer... I'm just having pipe dreams at this point lol.

I am not an engine builder, but the more I think about it, the more ludicrous and impossible this seems :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm in WA. and have a XT350 engine available locally for fit testing and also for parts measuring.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey GIGUTW,

We are an ocean distance away from each other but I we can exchange information measurements drawings etc to try and figure out if this will work.
The flip side of this is the electric start. XT350's never had it.

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts