TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tw200.JPG I finished installing the XT350 steel tank with no big problems. Mounting the tank was straight forward thanks to the Forums info. I downloaded. The main challenge was modifying the seat to fit which took some work with a Dreme tool with a cut off disc to trim the seat pan ribs to enable it to flex and clear the tank rear bracket. It finally went back into place with the front tab and seat bolts in their normal position. There is minimal wrinkling of the seat cover.
Thanks to Forum members for supplying the tank, new TW stickers and good instructions---

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey Guys, I have the Clark XT 350 tank on my bike with risers and stock bars and it doesn't hit.

Bag

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The XT350 tank is clear of the bars by about 1/4". I have 3/4" bar risers and I made the rear bracket to set the tank back about 1 1/4" from locating pin.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The XT350 tank is clear of the bars by about 1/4". I have 3/4" bar risers and I made the rear bracket to set the tank back about 1 1/4" from locating pin.
Very nice! Did you paint the tank yourself or have it done? Gas proof paint? Where did you get the TW Trailway stickers and do they have other styles available?

:icon_biggrin: :thebirdman: :icon_biggrin: A couple biggrins and a finger makes a good jealousy emoticon. :laughing7:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I painted the tank myself with "Appliance Epoxy" spray can. It was blue originally so I sanded it down to the primer. I think that paint is reasonably gas proof. I got the stickers from a Forum member who was selling them for a couple bucks each. Maybe, he still has some if you search site for "stickers."

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
That's quite a good looking TW; I like it! All nice mods. Might I suggest a Ricochet skid plate to replace the stocker and complete the package?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Rockytrail did you have to cut or modify the side panels? I have an XT350 tank ready to install but always want to be able to put my bike back to stock (not sure why lol). Trying to find a used seat and side panels but TW parts are rare up here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I didn't have to modify the side panels at all. The left panel tab doesn't clip into anything now but it doesn't seem to matter. I also, like to be able to return to stock if I want to in the future perhaps for resale purposes. I kept the original fuel tank for that reason too. The modification to the seat pan would not be apparent if you went back to the original tank I believe.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Cool ok I'm going for it! :) I have some of Will's stickers ... going to a sign shop to see if I can get some copied and made in blue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts