·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd be willing to mail it for you...

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Hats off to Joe too! Great helpfull bunch of members here.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's back up. i sent an email to him, i'll post any reply.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one of you guys?

sorry joe , i need to take the tank off cl there is a guy in
washington who wants it and so we are working on shipping it to him.
if things dont work out for some reason i will get back to you.

trey

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep it's some one on here.

...because he is going to use it on a tw

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Its probably Bagger having second thoughts about not mounting the xt350 tank that I sold him. He passed it on to another forum member with regrets (and even informed me of the transfer, so its like old family week sometimes), but alas my first xt350 tank has not resurfaced to me knowledge. Shipping a tank is not big deal, air it out, plop it in a box and pay mr. fedex about $25 for within the US. I've shipped 3 tanks (1 xt350, and 2 stock tw tanks). Tom

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Peruano:

I de-rusted the inside and cleaned up the outside making it ready for some real paint.

P2191270.JPG Tank 1.jpg

A work in progress. My biggest hold up is bringing myself to hacksaw that little nub that holds the stock tank on off.

I still have the rubber pads if you want to see them. Tony

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm confused, did old white truck get the tank or is it still available by chance? :confused:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seller told me it was sold to someone in washington, though no one here has said they bought it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not to worry friends. The tank stayed in the TW family. The seller was a honest dude who did some shipping for shipping to save me shipping cost. Nice to know there are honest folks still. I am still nursing the broken leg so this will be a good project while I cannot ride yet.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
glad it stayed within the family. ;)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Elime, Oh shucks, don't be afraid of cutting off that nub to move the tank attachment back a few centimeters.
1. It's threaded on the inside so it can be put back if you ever want to (without welding).
2. It's a simple hacksaw type of job. Just place a washer at the bottom to hold your saw or sawzall up a tad.
I was initially thinking I needed a substantial bracket back there, it turns out almost any piece of metal attached to where you cut the nub and to the tank attachment point will work to to hold the tank in place.
I recognize some of those dents so indeed you have the original xt350 tank that got me on my way. Go for it. Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts