TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the knee doing did you have surgery? I see you have a TW now, if your heath and knee could hold out for a week of trail riding in 90 days I will cover your room for the week all you have to do is hook up with Borneo in Indiana put the TW on the Trailer and ride out with them.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Health is fine and the knee would make it but I highly doubt I would do any riding. Appreciate the offer but I can afford my own keep and none of that are the issues. I would love to meet up with all of you out there but just can't make a decision until we get a lot closer. One thing I don't do is leave my wife to fend for herself if there is any chance of bad weather or other issues and March and early April around here can be a rather trying time of year. Both of the major floods we have had in the last 10 years happened during the spring run off and if I was not here things would have been much, much worse. My first and only real duty is to home.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
My pop always said the Sergeant can fight the battle himself or he can train his troops.
No troops out here to train and with her being the major bread winner these days I have to respect her job and all it provides us with. I take care of 4 homes on this property we live on so I have to put duties before pleasure. More than anything it is the time of year you all decided upon that holds me back from being able to make any decision just now. We don't yet have a snow pack on the ground but it will come any day now and stay for the next 3-4 months. That is my main concern out here. I can't just teach my wife how to run the tractor and snow blower, generator and trash water pump and do all the other stuff I do while she goes to a high profile job every day. Like I already said, I can decide a day or two before and just go.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
My woman, slight of build as she is, could do the day job, lay down suppresive fire, plow the drive, shoot and gut a deer and still make supper. She wanted to learn...I taught her.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I didn't teach her to hook up the generator, but I was in Morroco and she lost power for five days. Some how she sorted it. I was pleased. I'm gonna die before this marvelous woman and I want her as competent as she can be.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm getting pushy and I know it. Not trying to aggravate you at all. Just expressing our heartfelt desire to have you on board if you can do it. But I will share one more of my Pop's wise teachings. He always told me, if the president of the United States dies, the world might pause a second or two...call it a hiccup. But when the ordinary man dies the world knows it not at all.

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Nice to hear all your stories of marital bliss and competence. Most of the younger american women I encounter would have trouble managing more than a micro-wave or take-out menu. My wife makes me proud also. I would not always select her solutions to problems but darn if she doesn't step up to the plate and make it happen successfully.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
My woman, slight of build as she is, could do the day job, lay down suppresive fire, plow the drive, shoot and gut a deer and still make supper. She wanted to learn...I taught her.
My wife has always been the "Handy Man" of the house....I always claim to be "clueless" to home repairs, and it's pretty close to being spot on correct....

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I am not, repeat not, fixing your flats Hooter. Time to garner skills. Yeah, you are old, but not that old. Weasel comes he will do what ever you need. He's young and respectful. And killer competent. Pray for a Weasel.

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
"Pray for a Weasel" - Should we get that printed on T- shirts?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
It is funny. I didn't realize it until you pointed it out. Yep, I would enjoy a "Pray for a Weasel" tee shirt. I really think I would, and I generally just wear plain white ones. (see TU post for why)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts