TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Electric is still "meh" for me. I hope this changes in the future with newer tech, but for right now, still...meh

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All other aspects aside, electric is brilliant for linear power delivery and gobs of torque. For me, it's rare I ride even the TW (my most ridden bike) more than 100-120mi in a stretch, so an electric bike wouldn't be totally out of place for my habits. Got passed by a Zero the other day while I was in the Taco, dude accelerated like he was being launched out of a slingshot.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Oh I agree it has the potential to be great. Torque and acceleration are no match. Think Tesla ludicrous mode. Just far too many brands coming and going, lack of standards, range and recharge intervals, batteries with extreme hot and cold, etc. I want a capacitor I can charge and go 500 miles lol.

·
Registered
19,816 Posts
A few weeks ago came across two electric mountain bikes descending from some 11,600 ft peaks back to their base camp ~ another 10 miles away. Riders said they were fun while the charge lasted, but heavy pigs once batteries became depleted. Both bike and riders were pretty well out of juice. Maybe dropping another $4k to $5k on a true electric off-road motorcycle, plus some way to re-charge it out in the field, might return a more satisfying and gasoline competitive experience. Standardized modular battery packs from competitive vendors would also help.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My next bike will be electric. Cant justify the expense of a Zero right now. I like the Sur Ron a lot! That Yami would be great if it will do 60mph and cost around $3k

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd never own one as a dual sport for one reason. That bend you're coming around with someone or some animal in the road that may or may not only hear the sound of the tires on the pavement. I've almost walked in front of the d*&^ electric cars in the fog crossing the highway to my mailbox because at the last second that is all I heard was tire noise. It would only be quieter on motorcycle tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Trials bike " does " have a clutch ( and lever ) ! Contrary to the write up . There are other mfg. that don't

I've been a " Trials Guy " since 1973 and been witness to the evolution of the Sport and followed the development of the E- bikes . They're pretty cool but the price point and range is the biggest concern/s .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Headed to China at the end of the month to visit family. I will do a bunch of electric scooter riding while there. This will be my first experience but I am really looking forward to it. The Yamaha Trials bike looks great to me.

·
Super Moderator
17,684 Posts
Scooters are a blast to ride, have fun brother!! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty neat, but if you have to change the battery after every loop it's not ready for prime time yet. My gas powered Beta will go 25 miles on a full tank, the E version needs to at least be able to do that. Still it looks like fun though, I'd love to get a ride on one.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts