TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If they made a larger engine for the TW like a 400cc‘, what would be some things you would change about the bike, or what would you change about how you ride it?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
A TW with the 300cc Blue Core XMax engine and a better suspension would be great! Some electronic upgrades would be welcome also

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
100 Posts
Add rear disk brakes, add 2-4 inches more supension travel, factory lithium battery, led bulbs, i'm still OK with the old style speedo, less electronics to go wrong the better.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's a trail bike. 250-300cc should be fine to pull a 6th gear. Kickstart should be mandatory. Disc brakes are nice but not necessary. I'd like a trip odometer to track fill-ups. Spring rates are solely the responsibility of us fat-asses. Beyond that, if I wanted something more serious I wouldn't have bought a TW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been waiting for 30 years for yamaha to come out with a 400 cc engine 3.5 gallon tank 52 and 46 gears in the rear and 15 front 2 inches longer and 33 inch seat height with a decent skid plate.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
These guys are going to market the components needed to convert a dirt bike into a big wheel.
Keeping the original suspension and disc brakes and with minimal added fat it would be fun in the dunes!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was really digging that until I looked up the price! Sadly, a 3.6K conversion will never be in reddave's income bracket.

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's a trail bike. 250-300cc should be fine to pull a 6th gear. Kickstart should be mandatory. Disc brakes are nice but not necessary. I'd like a trip odometer to track fill-ups. Spring rates are solely the responsibility of us fat-asses. Beyond that, if I wanted something more serious I wouldn't have bought a TW.
Agree. For what I need, the TW has enough power. If the tuning forks company ever calls me, I'd suggest they partner with a tire manufacturer to put some options out there for a different rear tire. I'd probably fuss at them a little for this @#$% charging system I have on my two TWs. LOL

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
What are you talking about!?!?!?
it must weight a ton... that spanish bike that is.

one of the nice things about a t-dub is it's lighter weight and not a bear to handle.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These guys are going to market the components needed to convert a dirt bike into a big wheel.
Keeping the original suspension and disc brakes and with minimal added fat it would be fun in the dunes!
I've been following this, I liked everything about it except the Honda 450

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not my '94 or my '96.

Reactions: oldworld 124

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Uh, the TW has a trip odometer....always has. :unsure:
2001 i think... was a weird year for giveth and taketh away from the tuning fork gods.

·
Super Moderator
5,424 Posts
Maybe one year before that - it was an odd upgrade

Fortunately, I managed to snag a TW125 speedo of comparable miles that included the trip meter on the cheap - problem solved .......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts