TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.

100% my kinda bike, local too. Kinda like an angry TW200.

What do you think? $3.5k is too much, what would you offer?

From the add:

Custom built, restoration.
Donor bike: '93 Yamaha XJ600, 10K miles.
Everything is new or has been rebuilt / restored.
Street legal, all LED lights & blinkers
Air pods, piped, jetted & dyno tuned.
Gauges & navigation by Andriod or iOS, you supply.
Exhaust sound is amazing, deep & healthy.

Yamaha Custom Scrambler / Dirt Tracker

00v0v_47V9rajEeQY_600x450.jpg
00t0t_a2kGye2OqOR_600x450.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Garand IMO it's the knobbies that are jamming you up. If that bike had street tires... Would you have given it a second look?
Yup.. Kind of like hooters..

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but that's not a scrambler or a dirt tracker. That just looks like someone took all the plastics off [probably because they crashed it], all the gauges are on a phone [probably because the originals were broken in the crash- so if your battery dies you have no idea about speed/whatever] and then put some knobbies on it. It even says POS on the tank. I wouldn't offer him anything over 1500 personally.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Fifteen hundred would be a gift.
If I had to buy it, 400 is the absolute top , but only if it had good paper and ran strong.
I'd use the engine for a CT70 conversion and set the rest of that POS on fire, so the world would not have to bear it any longer.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is one of the many current "custom" bikes.
All about looks with no concern for performance.

Next to no suspension? Check
No side covers? Check
Clip on handlebars? Check
Cheap replacement headlight? Check
Knobby tires? Check
Ironing board seat? Fail (Stock seats are a not allowed, nor are comfortable seats)
No instruments? Check
Loud pipe? Check (Points lost for mufflers)
No fenders? Fail (Points lost for front fender)
Ridiculous price? Fail (All customs must be priced at absurd levels to show how valuable they are, this one is too cheap at $3.5K)

Yep, the typical $300 wrecked bike rebuilt into a "Custom" now looking for a sucker with money and no sense

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Boy!! That would be a nightmare to restore... Talk about hard to get parts!!! Woah. Luckily, you didn't drink one more... :p

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I don't know if 'restore' is the plan I had in mind. I would have just taken the engine and thrown it in the trash outright. More like hobble together whatever parts you can nigger rig together to get this thing running. Mostly I just think it looks cool and the body isn't in that bad shape. Upon sober reflection, I found that I really don't have the time to be messing with it right now or I probably would have gotten it.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I don't know if 'restore' is the plan I had in mind. I would have just taken the engine and thrown it in the trash outright. More like hobble together whatever parts you can nigger rig together to get this thing running. Mostly I just think it looks cool and the body isn't in that bad shape. Upon sober reflection, I found that I really don't have the time to be messing with it right now or I probably would have gotten it.
I'm thinking..... 5 small for the right to spend 50 large to wind up with something I can sell for maybe 2.5k large.
Or.....
All for about 8 beers.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think the present owner to might have had a drink or two too much. "Beaver Liquors".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts