TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else follow the Dakar? I've been watching for years waiting for someone to dethrone KTM.

I recall a few years ago when David Fretigne ran the new Yamaha 2wd 450 and finished well.

Now Cyril Despres is riding for Yamaha.. Can he or David bring Blue to the winners circle in 2014???

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stage 1

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
the last few years the "paris-dakar" has through my wife's town in northern argentina. bummer i missed it when i was there three years ago, and unfortunately though several spectators were killed in accidents.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stage 2

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stage 3

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truck / Quad

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Been watching the Dakar for....well I don't know how many years. US TV coverage is pretty minimalist at best, at least there are several outlets on the internet. Last year my daughters nanny watched part of the Dakar when she went home to Peru to visit her family (wish I had gone :))

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
I've never followed the Dakar before, but find your post's of the race interesting. See trucks racing was also interesting. Thanks for posting these updates. I'll keep viewing the video's as you post them.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stage 5

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stage 6 and Rest Day

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
thanks for the videos, miss poor Dakar coverage now that SpeedVision is off air on tv. Fantastic race, though miss the original Paris-to-Dakar route through dune fields of NW Africa. South American venue is safer for competitors , fewer landmines and hijackings.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stage 8-9

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stage 10

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stage 11

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Is this race, raced in North Africa anymore or just in South America?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is this race, raced in North Africa anymore or just in South America?
The Dakar Rally is plotting a course across Argentina, Bolivia and Chile as the toughest of all rally raids returns to South America. The 2014 route has been marked out between Rosario in Argentina and Valparaiso in Chile, with a marathon stage in Bolivia for the bikers at the halfway point. Bolivia becomes the 28th nation to host a stage of the Dakar as this unique rally continues to push the boundaries of Motorsport. Plenty of changes regarding the format of the stages have also been cooked up to ensure nothing comes easy at this ultimate test of endurance racing.

Route: Dakar

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stage 12

1 - 20 of 22 Posts