TW200 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I was able to get out for 2 days of riding. Loaded the camper and DT200 and headed up to a friends place in Naramata. 3 of us rode for 2 days. The first day was exploring new single track in the area. The second day was exploring some old haunts from our youth. Some areas are now in a provincial park so we had to turn back.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I took electrical apart this morning and using an ohmmeter found that the ground wire was hit and miss. Took the light signal light apart and found a bit of dirt and corrosion on the ground pate that is a friction fit to the bulb holder. Cleaned it up and it worked. For good measure took both signal lights off and reversed them so that the wiring colours match up - bike was partly restored before I bought it and that is probably when they got reversed. Took the horn off the defunct Xingue 400 and put it on the DT. The DT is now street legal again.
you have to like a guy who can answer his own questions!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was able to get out for a 6 hour McNutt ride. Man, I was off my game, had 2 slow speed drops and got hung up 3 times. Trails are taking a beating with all the extra people riding since Covid-19. Too many riders spinning there tires on the trails. Also, I may have been just slightly hung over.
Once we got out of the single track we hit the old FSR that is Full of baby heads on the slopes. Admiral imagine our ride in Challis up to the lake. Now make it longer and with wet rocks and throw in sweepers.

Adam and I did this ride years ago on the WRs. Not sure I could man handle the WR back up there now.
This time we were on 2 strokes, DT200 and KTM 300.
End of the FSR looking over Gold creek.
Golden Ears park

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Fantastic views.
Most likely the issue "Also, I may have been just slightly hungover." o_O:LOL:

How did Jackie Gleason say it..."OOF". "Admiral imagine our ride in Challis up to the lake. Now make it longer and with wet rocks and throw in sweepers."

There is a ton more out riding and camping. Riding in the middle of the week really really helps around here.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
When I got around to cleaning the DT, I discovered a broken spoke, actually the nipple broke. I had a little tree get rammed through the rear wheel on my epic ride to the top of McNutt. Today, I replaced it. The spokes from the broken Xingyu are the same except a coarser thread on the nipple.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yesterday, got around to cleaning the spark arrestor and expansion chamber of oil. Also cleaned the air filter and coolant reservoir. She still blows blue, but smells sweeter. Should be heading up McNutt for some single track today.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Take some pictures of the McNutt. Kayak trip on or off?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
When my friends sends the pictures I will post. We had to do some trail improvements to get through 1 section. Canoes trip is off. Linda has 2 more weeks in a splint. Also the east side of the chain of lakes is flooded so our friends got a refund as the circuit is closed.
On McNutt, when in doubt throttle out. Hopefully, 1 day I can take you through... start easy and progress from there.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Stopped near the top of "Coolant" to check out the path. This is steep. My rear tire is actually the same height as Adam's head in the picture.

Looking down to where we have come from. And yes, Fred this is another trail of rocks. Erosion on the west coast.

Getting ready to attempt the climb out. We had to get over those roots at the top. I could not get enough momentum, so we had to do some trail maintenance. The saw came in handy once again on this trail. We had to do some trimming earlier on to get room to do a log climb.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Oh yes, that looks nasty. The trail name is "McNasty" right? LOL I can't remember seeing you in body armor like that before so the trail must be McNasty.

I just had a daydream nightmare of Challis Lakes trail.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh yes, that looks nasty. The trail name is "McNasty" right? LOL I can't remember seeing you in body armor like that before so the trail must be McNasty.

I just had a daydream nightmare of Challis Lakes trail.
These rocks were easy compared to Challis.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That's a lot of upright wooden things ......
As long as they stay upright, most of the time they are not a problem. When they fall, I carry a saw for the smaller ones.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts