TW200 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I was able to get out for 2 days of riding. Loaded the camper and DT200 and headed up to a friends place in Naramata. 3 of us rode for 2 days. The first day was exploring new single track in the area. The second day was exploring some old haunts from our youth. Some areas are now in a provincial park so we had to turn back.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I took electrical apart this morning and using an ohmmeter found that the ground wire was hit and miss. Took the light signal light apart and found a bit of dirt and corrosion on the ground pate that is a friction fit to the bulb holder. Cleaned it up and it worked. For good measure took both signal lights off and reversed them so that the wiring colours match up - bike was partly restored before I bought it and that is probably when they got reversed. Took the horn off the defunct Xingue 400 and put it on the DT. The DT is now street legal again.
you have to like a guy who can answer his own questions!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was able to get out for a 6 hour McNutt ride. Man, I was off my game, had 2 slow speed drops and got hung up 3 times. Trails are taking a beating with all the extra people riding since Covid-19. Too many riders spinning there tires on the trails. Also, I may have been just slightly hung over.
Once we got out of the single track we hit the old FSR that is Full of baby heads on the slopes. Admiral imagine our ride in Challis up to the lake. Now make it longer and with wet rocks and throw in sweepers.

Adam and I did this ride years ago on the WRs. Not sure I could man handle the WR back up there now.
This time we were on 2 strokes, DT200 and KTM 300.
End of the FSR looking over Gold creek.
Golden Ears park

Reactions: Ken and admiral

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Fantastic views.
Most likely the issue "Also, I may have been just slightly hungover." o_O:LOL:

How did Jackie Gleason say it..."OOF". "Admiral imagine our ride in Challis up to the lake. Now make it longer and with wet rocks and throw in sweepers."

There is a ton more out riding and camping. Riding in the middle of the week really really helps around here.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts