TW200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of course I already knew "the answer" before watching this video, but I often watch them anyway. I was glad to see that the reviewer got it right. IMO, from the moment of its inception, Yamaha has completely dominated the side by side market, and that's still the case today. In fact, it's gotten even better with some nice refinements like a lower first gear and the radiator getting moved to the back to keep mud off of it.

Anyway, I actually really look forward to this guy's videos because I know he's a real off road guy. So many reviewers and fancy smancy YouTube personalities these days are out there reviewing trucks and stuff, who often just give me the feeling that they aren't really true enthusiasts; they seem like journalists who don't really have an honest passion for what they're doing, and they seem to lack real knowledge of what is actually important in off road vehicles, what really works, and what are just fancy gimmicks. I get fairly irritated when I see stuff like the "tailgate wars" going on in newer truck models...when did people become too damn lazy to just pull the damn tailgate up and push it closed!? What kind of wusses have we become that we feel the need to push a button instead of just doing a quick and simple action like that? Hell, closing the damn thing manually is FASTER than waiting for the stupid electric motors (which just add yet more weight to already grossly overladen pigs carrying around all manner of junk they don't actually need) to do it. Similarly, I recently saw a video showing GM's new tailgate that folds down into steps; it just blows my mind that someone would rather take the time to and effort to make a transformer transform itself, than simply climb up into the truck... I see so many reviewers focusing on how many USB ports a truck has, how big the displays are, or the 15 different cameras stuck all over the truck. I couldn't possibly care less about all that crap, and it means nothing for off road performance/capability.

Anyway, I feel confident when I click one of this guy's videos that he's going to give some legitimate feedback that's actually relevant from an off road enthusiast's perspective. Even if I generally already know the relevant facts in these types of videos, I usually get at least some little tidbit of perspective or insight out of them, and of course they are entertaining.

Here's the video.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As for the Kawasaki, I will flat-out PASS. CVT -- no thanks! Other than that, it seems pretty decent. I do like the Honda, but the Yamaha is the "driver's car" of the three for sure, and for mainly that reason, I would definitely go with it over the Honda. Also, at this point, the Yamaha is more refined. Yamah has really paid attention to this one and made some great improvements since the model's initial release.

Side note: the KRX' wheelbase is damn near the same as a Jeep Cherokee (I mean the XJ, of course...).

Reactions: JerseyJeeper
1 - 2 of 2 Posts