·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be coming to a Yamaha dealer near you

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
I forget, why would I want one of the latest in a long line of three wheeled motorcycles? None over last century have been market successes.
images-2.jpeg
Here is Toyota's recent attempt showing outside wheel lift-off. toyota-i-road-personal-mobility-vehicle-39.png
Still need the side stand, after a certain lean angle one front tire looses ground contact plus it comes with 2 non-standard tires which are likely happiest with matching tire pressures. I guess notoriety rather than practicality and function are main attributes.

If you don't want it to tip over when dismounted then might I suggest a Polaris Slingshot; but at over 77 inches wide it won't fit between trees that my Astro van can slip through. slingshot_0815.jpg
Personaly make mine a Morgan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Never have wanted a side car or a trike. Thought of it as a good idea that you know it will fall over if you don't pay attention.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have a Piaggio MP3 500cc scooter that predates that Yamaha. The security of that second front wheel on rain-slick roads is very appealing - especially since I don't lose the traditional motorcycle handling. I love the Piaggio, but play hell finding a shop that can work on it for servicing. Have to drive an hour and a half up to Richmond, drop it off, then wait a week to go back and pick it up again. If Yamaha brings this guy to the US, I'll trade in the Piaggio for it in a heartbeat. Yamaha dealerships are everywhere.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Like the way Tiltin' Motors transforms the common Harley into a Gnarly-Davidson. $10K investment is not much to get a custom look that is both functional,stylish and possibly safer than stock. Maybe I just like the looks of the grill.:)

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
All these three wheelers are innovative. Here is another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts