TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet little app you can get on the Google Play Store from Yamaha Motor Europe called My Ride.

I would guess there may be something for iPeople too.

Nice little dashboard app with Distance, Altitude, Current Speed, Average speed, Ride time Acceleration and lean angle. Has a mapping function and can export the GPX file when done. Keeps track of rides with a date, weather distance, time ad a map of the ride.

Simple. effective, and free.

Downside, no TW200 in the list of Yamaha motorcycles

I have lots of map apps and dashboard apps, but keep coming back to this one as it is simple and it works well for marked road rides.

I use Gaia Pro for most everything else and I am experimenting with Drive Mode Dashboard and DMD2 for longer trips on "the other bike".

Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
277 Posts
For the iFolks:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I started with Polaris Ride Command last year when I bought my Polaris four wheeler. It sounds very similar to what you describe. I’ll probably stay with the Polaris app just because I already have rides in there.
Does the Yamaha app show trail maps and what type of vehicles are allowed?

Sent from the demons in my head

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Sweet little app you can get on the Google Play Store from Yamaha Motor Europe called My Ride.

I would guess there may be something for iPeople too.

Nice little dashboard app with Distance, Altitude, Current Speed, Average speed, Ride time Acceleration and lean angle. Has a mapping function and can export the GPX file when done. Keeps track of rides with a date, weather distance, time ad a map of the ride.

Simple. effective, and free.

Downside, no TW200 in the list of Yamaha motorcycles

I have lots of map apps and dashboard apps, but keep coming back to this one as it is simple and it works well for marked road rides.

I use Gaia Pro for most everything else and I am experimenting with Drive Mode Dashboard and DMD2 for longer trips on "the other bike".
Tried it today....deleted it tonight.
I'm not a big fan of having my phone talking to the "mother ship" every time I move.
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing when it comes to 'apps' but I already have a Garmin GPS and that has served me well for years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts